Out of the dark

Sketch's POV:

I watched helplessly as his eyes fail to stay open. The panic engulfed me and I started breaking down, worrying that he'd never awaken.

"Please don't go!.." I held his motionless body in my hands, taking shuttered breathes. "Please not you..." Failing to keep clam I staggered over to the rifle that now lay in the entry way. Grabbing it I hoisted it up walking back to Ghost's body. I leaned my head on his chest standing guard with the rifle until he consciously return.

***NIGHT***

I woke to the sound of footsteps. They were all around me, and quick paced. Afraid I leaned tighter into Ghost's chest. Out of the dark I saw the shimmering teeth that filled my mind with the horrible images of a deathly smirk.

Quickly I lifted the rifle not taking time to aim. The corps hit the ground hard making the others flinch. Their shock quickly became anger and they produced I low grumble of a growl. The next one leaped at me.

Suddenly a hand grabbed the knife that was laying near our legs. Ghost stood thrusting the knife into the creatures throat. Thrashing on the ground, it made a desperate attempt to crawl away. Wanting revenge I aimed down the sights of the gun pulling the trigger when I was ready. The bullet entered the back of its head, shattering a few teeth on its way out.

"Ghosty! Thank god you're awake!!!" I ran to him hugging him tightly refusing to let go. It felt good that the predator no longer wore that toothy grin.

Ghost's POV:

"Doesn't feel so good now does it you son of a bitch!" I cursed at the soulless beast that lye there before me, making the most of my vengeance. My hand ran up and down Sketch's back trying to comfort her. Leaning in I gave her an affectionate kiss. She held me tighter letting me know it was working.

"Sweet heart we need to get outta hear come dawn. There's to many of those hook toothed creatures." looking around my paranoia gripped me tight letting it get the best of me. "Let's head over to the blades, and pick you up a knife. I don't want you to be with out one. Carry it with you at all times."

We searched through all the cabinets looking for hand guns. Luckily we found one. I learned that store clerks had weapons under the counter from "World most dangerous". It's an old show that'd show criminals doing dangerous things, and some times losing there lives.

***2 HOURS LATER***

The sun starting peaking over the horizon, warming the ground and erasing the dark. As we stepped out side I began to notice the sky had turned a sick orange color filled with smog.

"Sketch.. I believe we're on our own, buttercup. This place looks deserted."

Sliding her hand in mine she looked into my eyes and smiled.

"Well then let's go grab a bite to eat." She took this opportunity to make something good, and memorable.