Chapter 1: Day 1.

I wake up to the shrill shrieks of my alarm. I look at my screen: "Reminder, Only 364 days left 🙌🙌💕" and smile. I get up and make myself presentable. I look in the mirror and practice my fake smiles till one looks real. I run down stairs and grab a price of toast and walk out the door. Even though school is a 40 minute walk, I walk anyway. Nothing like planning your suicide on the way to school! On no other day than Monday!

A few people pass me by: "Still haven't killed yourself, bitch?!" Sarcastic laughter fills the crisp December air. Luke Hemmings, the person I hate the most. The reason I cut my wrists every single fucking night. For a moment I see a glint of remorse or sadness in his eyes, or so I think. Until I remember that he's a heartless prick with an angelic face.

I make it to the school with minimal verbal attacks. The walk to my locker was a different story of course. I was tripped 3 times and counting before I made it to the 11th year hallway. I quickly open my locker and watched as the hate notes fell. The one person in the school that doesn't bully me, or is totally oblivious to the fact that it happens daily, walks up to me and goes "Hey, I thought I should tell you that you're extremely important and loved by many." Smiles and walks away. He was such a kind soul. The kind of person I wish I could be. "Hey! Thank you." I shout down the hall to him "Anytime Elowyn." He smiles his award-winning smile back down to me. I didn't know his name but I knew enough to know that he was my guardian angel. He is the reason I've made it this long, to be honest.

I did something I never do, I read the notes left behind. Just the normal hate but one stuck out. One in small, scribbly handwriting and folded way to many times.

"hey, I know you're hurting I see it in your beautiful brown eyes. I see the small raised scars on your arm. I want you to know I feel the same way inside as you do, and that my wrists are marked the same way yours are."

It isn't signed... No one in this school knows I cut.. If you aren't here early in the morning you wouldn't even know that I'm bullied!! Who the hell is this person?!

The bell rings taking me away from my thoughts. I take one last look in my mirror, practicing my fake smile an fixing my shirt, I shut my door, head to the nearest trash can to throw away the hate, and carry on with a bounce in my step. I get to my 1st period class, "Prepare for Hell, Elowyn." I whisper to myself as I turn the knob to go into the room. Chaos echoing off the white walls of the classroom, teenage stories of drunken parties, weekend hook ups, and the winning of the basketball games. I take my sit as quietly as possible. "Hey El!!!!" My "friend" Briona exclaims. "Hey Bri!!" My mock excitement sounding convincing even to me. As if angels themselves were singing the teacher walks in. "Everybody sit!!! Finals are this week and you have a 7 page study guide due tomorrow. As soon as I pass them out I expect silence and silence only." An audible groan can be heard throughout the class. I roll my eyes and sigh. Look at my day starting off great!

Hours pass and lunch time is upon me. As if I'll eat. I sit outside, I roll up my sleeves and trace my scars. Tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. I hear leaves crunch in the distance an yank my sleeves down and wipe my eyes.. "Do you mind?" I look up to see a guy gesturing to the spot next to me.. Someone wants to sit by me?! I clear my throat "Oh no, you can sit if you wanna.." He smiles down at me and sits. "Hi, I'm Calum. I'm new here I guess..." I smile at his adorableness "I'm Elowyn. Are you in 11th year also?" "God no!! I'm in 12th. Praise Jesus this nightmare is almost over." He smiles "soon enough mine will be too.." I just barely whisper. "Huh?" He questions "Oh, uh, nothing! Why'd you move here? Where from? Why aren't you inside?" I say all really fast "Whoa! One at a time!! I moved here because I had lost someone close to me from suicide.. No one saw it coming.." He clears his throat "I moved from the other side of the city. And I'm not inside because the obnoxious levels of ignorance is killing me. Is everyone here always so fucking annoying?!"

I laugh "Yes." I bite my lip nervously "hey, I, uhh, I'm sorry about your friend, that committed I mean..." He looks me dead in the eyes, his brown eyes meeting mine "If you ever need to talk to me, let me know okay, I won't judge you, I promise! I'll protect you. " he reaches over and gives me a hug. By this point I'm so fucking confused. "Uhm thanks Calum.." The bell signals. Saved by the bell I guess. I offer to show Calum to his next class, to make things easy, it happened to be mine too. The only misfortune is that Luke happened to be in it too.

Luke was up to his normal antics. He looked back at me once. He did a double take when he realized someone was siting by me. He got up "Hey, I'm Luke." He says flashing a smile towards Calum, ignoring my presence completely. "Calum" he smiles back they exchange handshakes and schedules. Guessing the devil himself had more classes with Cal than I did he would show if around.. Whatever one less person I have to worry about crying when I finally die.

---------------------------------------------

I walk home like I always do. It's been a long day. All the days are long now.. Everything blurs together in one big unhappy blur. I walk home and ignore the fake ass comments about "Where have you been?!" "We were worried!" bullshit parents feel obligated to say when you don't live up to their expectations. I go to my room and pull out the note I got today. I taped it to the front of this journal and entitled it 'My Hope'.

----------------------------------------------

(A/N: Hey everyone!!!! So this is my first chapter and I wanted to make it relatable to the teenage mind. It will be a little while like the next chapter or so till I get Luke's POV in here.. I'm sorry if this sucks, I'm on mobile and this is my first book. I write imagines all the time though. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this book. I'll update when I can. I love you all.

-Chanceay :)x )