Never Forget Me Part 2

As I walked and cried, I tried to think of something good. Something that would make me happy or put my mind on something else. But every time I thought about something happy, or something fun I’d done, it had something to do with Justin. And then my mind snapped back to real life. And I remembered Just, and thought to myself, how can you be happy when Justin’s dead? Not gone away, dead. Buried deep into the ground by now. You will never ever see him again. Those beautiful eyes, that shaggy hair, the smell of fresh, clean laundry. The way his eyes told you how much he loved you every time he looked at you. Never again.

As I am walking, the tears slowly beginning to end, I pull out a tissue and wipe my sore eyes. Then I looked at the tissue, and stifled a small laugh. My mascara and eyeliner ran all over the tissue. I must have looked like a black-eyed monster.

Did that really matter? A voice inside my head said. You’re worrying about how you look, when your boyfriend is being lowered deeper and deeper into the ground.

I closed my eyes, and part of a flashback came...

I was standing in the small convenience store we had stopped at on the highway, coming back from Wonderland. I was looking for some snacks, because it was still an hour’s car drive back home. Justin was outside, pumping gas into the car. I grabbed a bag of munchies, and a bottle of water, then went up to the cash register. The man at the cash register had just been ringing in my stuff, when a man with uncombed  jet-black hair and a scruffy beard wearing  very dirty clothes came in, and pushed me right aside...

I opened my eyes, and my knees began to wobble. I was shaking, and shivering from the sweat running down my forehead. I kept on walking, and as soon as I shut my eyes again, the flashback returned...

“Hey, excuse me, but you can’t just push me aside! He’s running in my stuff.” I had snapped.

“I’m warning you, Miss, be quiet, and nobody get’s hurt.” The scruffy man had threatened.

“Yeah, I’m so scared, tough guy!” I said sarcastically.

Then, the man had pulled out a gun from his long coat pocket...

“No, no, no!” I cried out. Sobbing uncontrollably again.

At that moment, I had quickly stepped back, but the man had grabbed my arm, and held the gun up to my head.

“Nobody move! Or the girl’s dead.” The scruffy man had shouted.

My body was trembling as I tried to open my eyes and push off the flashback...

“Let me go!” I said, trying to push him off.

The man at the cash register, probably around his fifties, had taken one look at the scene and began pulling money out of the cash register. But this only infuriated the scruffy man holding a gun to my head, and heard the loud click as he pulled off the safety lock...

“No, please, let me go!” I had began to sob, petrified of what was going to happen.

“I don’t want your damn money! I want to see Bryan! Bring him out, I know he’s here!” The scruffy man had shouted, moving his arm around my neck and squeezing to the point I almost couldn’t breathe.

Just then, the convenience door was thrown open, and Justin came walking in...