Chapter 1

"Yo, wake up!" Harry nudged Zayn's shoulder as he proceeded to scarf down their last hot pocket. "Don't you have a meeting?" 

Zayn groaned and swatted Harry's boot away from his side before sitting up and letting out a loud yawn. "Fine, I'm up. Now, get out."

Harry scoffed and swallowed the somewhat to large bite of the hot pocket, wincing at the slight pain and letting out a quick sigh of contentment. "You know, you should be nicer to your sponsor. I took you under my wing like a wet, lost kitten, and this is how you thank me. Real nice, Malik."

"Fine, fine. Get out, please," he said, sarcasm seeping through it, "and stop eating all my goddamn hot pockets, you fat son of a bitch." He got up and pulled his shirt quickly over his head.

Harry rolled his eyes and sauntered off into the living room, probably to plant himself in front of the T.V or mindlessly giggle over Louis' sweet morning texts. As soon as Zayn had on his shoes and stuffed his wallet, keys, and phone into his pack he made his way towards the living room to see Harry, indeed, smiling so hard it looked like his face hurt.

"Louis is such a sweet guy," he sang turning the phone to Zayn, "this is what you need in your life, Zayn...you know, as soon as you get it together, and stop all the moping and self-loathing." He smiled and went back to sending his usual five page essay back about how much he missed him, and needed to see him despite the fact that they both only live fifteen minutes away. 

Zayn grabbed his leather jacket and shrugged it on before leaving, "see you later. I might stop by the studio, so I may not catch you."

Harry nodded, "have a good time. Try to open up more this time, please?"

A faint nod was all Harry got in reply as Zayn was out the door and already headed towards his jeep. "H-hey, Zayn," a timid voice spoke. He turned to see his neighbor of the past couple months. 

"Hey, Niall," he greeted with a quick wave, and kept it moving like usual. 

The ride wasn't long and was mostly filled with Zayn humming his favorite songs, and checking his emails at stoplights. Once he arrived at the AA building he quickly made his way inside, greeting the regulars whom he'd formed a sort of bond with, and making his way to the same seat he'd always sat in. 

A few minutes later everyone else filed into the room, it seemed to be just the regulars, but a new lad did catch his eyes. He was tall, with brown hair, and something about him didn't exactly scream alcoholic. 

He spent most of the time trying to politely listen to everyone's personal stories, but something just made him so much more interested in the man sitting there looking so normal, so out of place. 

Finally, it was the man's turn and he cleared his throat before standing. "My name is Liam and I'm an alcoholic."

Randy gave a small nod, Zayn respected Randy because he was always nice, and soft spoken and he really did try to connect with everyone. Zayn joined in on the chorus of, "hi, Liam." before falling silent, desperately wanting to hear his story.

"Why don't you tell us why you're here, Liam?" Randy spoke softly.

"I, uh, I got into a rut after I lost my best friend...I was too scared to do any of the extreme stuff, but the alcohol was an easy fix," he spoke quietly. "I dunno, I just don't wanna be like this anymore I guess."

A sweet lady, Riley placed a hand on Liam's thigh, "it's gonna get better, Liam. I started drinking when my husband passed, and now look at me: twelve months sober, tomorrow." He gave her a sweet smile and nodded.

A feeling filled Zayn. A strange emotion. 

He shook it off and forced himself to zone in on the next person speaking, but he would be lying if he said his eyes didn't wander off to stare at Liam every now and again...he could stop if he wanted to.

Zayn just isn't sure if he wants to.

A/N: I enjoy writing this, and I hope you enjoy reading it. Don't forget to vote and comment if you like it, aaaand peace out guys!

xo.