Ch.5

Jade didn't live to far way so we found her apartment complex pretty quickly. We started up the stairs when a woman came out of one of the doors on a phone. She looked over at us and said in the phone,

"I found him. I'll call you back."

She hung up the phone and came to us.

"Thank God, he's with his father. I was freaking out."

What?

She took the baby and held him in her arms.

"I missed you sweetie," She said to the baby then turned to Stu, "And I missed you," she said in a seductive tone and made out with my brother.

I raised my eyebrow and looked at Phil, in return he shrugged.

"What the hell happened to you guys?" She asked when she broke away from Stu.

"Actually, we were hoping you could tell us," Phil stated.

"What do you mean? I got up this morning to get you guys coffee and when I came back you were gone... Why are you being so quiet?" She asked Stu.

"I'm not being quiet."

"That's so cute. I got to feed Tyler, come inside guys."

"You hear that? The baby's name is Tyler," Alan said sadly.

"Yeah, I thought he looked more like a Carlos too, bud," Phil said comforting Alan.

Phil comforting someone?! Somebody needs to check if Hell just froze!

We followed her into the room and sat on her couch as she went to the kitchenette to get us drinks.

"What's up? You guys are quiet."

"Right. Uh...Jade. You remember our friend Doug?" Phil asked.

"Are you kidding? He was the best man at our wedding."

"Exactly. We can't find him and we're getting a little worried."

I noticed something on her finger that looked very familiar so I elbowed my brother lightly and nodded my head to Jade's hand. He looked and spewed his drink out, which made the baby cry. Jade hurried off and Phil looked at Stu.

"What the fuck man? You've got to pull yourself together."

"Phil she's got our grandmother's holocaust ring," I whispered harshly.

"Fuck."

"I didn't know they gave out rings during the holocaust."

We all looked at Alan like he was an idiot.

"He's ok. He's just hungry," Jade said while coming back to the living room to sit down in the chair.

"Alright. About last night...Do you remember the last time you saw Doug?"

"Um...I haven't seen him since the wedding."

"The wedding. Ok," Phil said and started pulling out the napkin to right the information down. "What time was that at?"

"Well?" She started then pulled down her shirt so the baby could breast feed.

Phil cleared his throat and I gave him a warning look when he looked at me.

"I guess it was about one. Because I had to go back to work to finish my shift. And when I got out I headed to the hotel with Tyler."

"And was Doug there then?" I asked.

"I didn't see Doug. You guys were passed out and the room was a wreck. So I just curled up next to Stu," She explained and then made a cat noise.

Stu looked very uncomfortable and he looked like he was trying not to hurl all over the lace.