.:The Sorting Hat:.

Start from the beginning

   "I got at least 6 of him," said Ron. Harry looked away towards the window for a moment and then back at the card. Apparently, to his surprise, Dumbledore had disappeared.

   "He's gone?" Harry asked, extremely confused.

   "Uh... yes?" I said in a 'duh' tone.

   "Well, you can't expect him to stick around all day!" said Ron. His rat was crawling on his lap and eating sweets out of Ron's box. I'm going to admit that's pretty disgusting... rats are huge too I'm surprised he'd want a rat? Can he even have a rat? It said cat, owl, or toad on the letter...? I don't know, I guess it doesn't matter.

   "This is Scabbers by the way... pathetic isn't he?" Ron said, looking down at his rat.

   "Just a little bit?" I say and Harry nods in agreement.

   "My brother gave me a spell to turn him yellow. Want to see?" Ron asked, smiling.

   "Yeah!" me and Harry both exclaimed, excited. I just want to see a yellow rat, okay? Ron cleared his throat and took out his wand.

   "Sun-" Ron was cut off by the opening of the compartment door. We looked up to see a girl with brown bushy hair standing there. She rolled her eyes. Wow...

   "Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville has lost one," she says, getting straight to the point. We all slowly shake our heads no.

   "Oh! Are you doing magic? Let's see it then." she says, looking at Ron, and he cleared his throat again. Maybe a little excessively, but whatever.

   "Sunshine daisies, butter mellow. Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow!" Ron exclaimed. I laughed a bit at the words and so did Harry. All the spell did was cause its head to peak out of a Bertie Botts every flavoured beans box. Ron shrugged and I and Harry laughed a bit more.

   "Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it?" the girl asked. We all looked at each other. Wow, bossy much?

   "Of course, I have tried a few simple ones myself, but they have all worked for me," she added, taking out her wand and sitting next to Ron, right in front of Harry. She pointed her wand at Harry's glasses.

   "Oculus Reparo," she said simply as Harry's glasses fixed themselves at the bridge.

   "That's better isn't it?" she said, and I look at her in a sort of awe. Harry took off his glasses to get a better look at them. But, instead of putting them back on, Harry turned towards me and put them on me. (a/n - if you already have glasses then... uh... double glasses? I have no idea)

   "You look quite different now (y/n)," he stated before laughing. I laughed as well before taking them off and placing them in their rightful place on Harry's head. He gave a small smile before turning back to the brown haired girl.

   "Holy cricket! You Harry Potter!" she exclaimed in realisation, "I'm Hermione Granger and... you are?" she looked at Ron and me.

   "Um... Ron Weasley.", said Ron with his mouth full.

   "(y/n) (l/n)!" I exclaimed, causing her to give a subtle flinch.

   "Pleasure to meet you both as well...?" she said (more like asked) before turning back to Harry.

   "You three better change into your robes; we'll be arriving soon," Hermione said after a moment, getting up and walking towards the door. Suddenly, Hermione turned around again.

   "You have got dirt on your nose, by the way, Ron. Did you know? Just there." she said, pointing towards the bridge of her nose to an indication of where the dirt was on his nose. Ron started to try and scrub it off with his hands and Hermione just left. I got a handkerchief out of my pocket and gave to Ron. He took it gladly and wiped the dirt off his nose. Harry and I look at each other before bursting out into laughter. Soon, Ron joined in as well.