Chapter 54: The Day Jo Returned To The Palm Woods

Start from the beginning

She's eight months along and James is probably right about the kneeling thing, but one time won't hurt the baby. Jenna and their little angel will be fine. Kenzie certainly doesn't seem to be protesting. She just kicks a lot, but that's it. She does that all the time.

Jenna folds Kenzie's new yellow sundress, putting in the middle drawer. She closes the drawer and slowly stands up, rubbing her lower back. She stands sideways in front of the mirror, looking at her swollen stomach. She's wearing maternity jeans and a grey hoodie, but that isn't enough to hide her baby bump anymore. She's huge now and nothing can hide it.

She takes a deep breath as she touches her tummy, feeling Kenzie kick her hand. She loves feeling the little kicks, but nothing is gonna compare to the feeling of holding her baby in her arms. She was talking to her mom on the phone yesterday and her mom told her that childbirth may be painful, but it's worth it because becoming a mom is a wonderful feeling. Despite her anxiety about the pain of childbirth, she more excited than anything else. She knows that holding her daughter for the first time will be amazing.

She smiles and leaves the nursery, walking to the kitchen. She grabs her bag of pizza rolls from the dining table, walking to the living room. She turns the TV on and sits on the couch, laughing at the funny iCarly episodes while stuffing her face. She had classes this morning, so she wasn't able to go to Babies R Us with James. When she got home, she decided to start putting Kenzie's stuff away. She doesn't have any homework, so she was bored. Spending time in the nursery with her daughter's clothes and toys has been really fun.

"Kenzie, stop kicking mommy." She says, holding her stomach with one hand. "That hurts."

"Ow." She mutters when she feels pain in her stomach. She has started getting these Braxton Hicks contractions, which are suppose to prepare her for real labor. They're really annoying, but they don't hurt too much. They hurt a little bit, but she can usually ignore them. She freaked out when she had them for the first time because she thought that she was going into premature labor, but when she called Dr Bennett, the woman told her what they were.

"Okay, I need to distract myself." She says, standing back up. "Maybe I'll try that nice massage chair that your daddy got me."

She walks to the guest bedroom and sits in the massage chair, taking the remote and turning the chair on. She changes it to the neck and back function, letting it knead into her muscles. She closes her eyes and breathes in and out. Kenzie is still kicking, but the massage is distracting her from the Braxton Hicks contractions. James got this for her as a Christmas present and she has been putting it to good use.

"You're gonna be out in a few weeks." She tells Kenzie. "Daddy and I are very excited to meet you. The same goes for Uncle Kendall, Uncle Carlos, Uncle Logan, Aunt Chrissie, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Camille, Aunt Jo, Aunt Lacey, Aunt Lucy, Aunt Gabriella, and lots of other people. You've got a lot of people that are really looking forward to seeing you. I can already tell that you're gonna be a lot of fun to have around. Just make sure that you don't break Daddy's lucky comb. He would throw a fit if that happened. Of course, he would probably go easy on you. You're his little princess."

"Hey, you're kicking me again."

Knock! Knock!

She turns the chair off and groans as she stands up, slowly walking to the front door. She looks through the peep hole, smiling in excitement and opening the door.

"Jo, you're back!" She exclaims, hugging her friend.

"I'm your new neighbor!" Jo says happily. "I just moved into 5L!"

"Awesome!" Jenna says as she closes the door.

"Okay, let me get a good look at you." Jo says, stepping away from Jenna. "Wow, you are-"