3

(Archer's P.O.V.)

"You made this?" I ask "yep she says sheepishly"

it is awesome, somehow she has taken this ratty old shack and turned it into her own little hangout. The little house is made entirely of wood, the outside is horrible, but the inside looked like someone could live there. In one corner there is a small mattress with a pillow and a knit blanket. Along the adjacent is a book shelf . Half of it is full of bad teen romance novels and art books, while the other half is covered by a small black curtain. I wonder whats in there. But the thing that was most amazing about this place is the mural that covers one entire wall. It isn't of any one picture but rather a collage of things none of which seem to match and yet that all flow together into one of the most beautiful and dynamic scenes I have ever seen. In one place there is a big tree with sprawling branches, but instead of apples there ware faeries that are lounging on the branches. Just next to that is a pink elephant with purple wings. After that there is a big sunset that is made out of a collection of quotes and phrases that fade into each other.

"Welcome to my humble abode" Holly says as she throws her backpack on the floor and collapses onto the mattress.

I drop my bag to the floor and turn to look at Holly. "How in the hell did you manage to get this place."

Holly laughs and reaches for her baggie full of strawberries. "Thats a rather long story. Why dont you sit down and ill tell you." She leanes back against the wall and grabbes the blanket pulling it onto her lap getting comfortable.

"Well I wasnt alone in making this place what it is. My friend Erin helped. Shes an amazing artist and is the one that painted the majority of that wall over there. See that corner over there with the stick figures and the disfigured bunny, yeah thats my doing."

I had to laugh. I mean she wasnt wrong that was the most messed up bunny I have ever seen , but I'm not about to tell her that.

"As I'm sure you can see she was an amazing artist. She spent most of her time in the art room and because of that she became best friends with the art teacher Mrs. Bane. This used to be the old Art supplies storage, but when they expanded the art room mrs. Bain didn't need it anymore so she gave us permission to use it however we wanted. The school doesn't know about it of course, they think it is still storing art supplies. "

I let out a laugh, more in disbelief than anything. "I can't believe y'all pulled this off and kept it a secret this whole time. Y'all are genius!"

She smiles.

"So when do I get to meet the artist behind the mural?" I ask, curious about this Erin girl.

"You don't"

"And why not? Oh I know! Your afraid she will meet me we will fall madly I love and she will forget all about you."

"It's because she's dead."

I'm a dick.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry I wouldn't have asked." but she cuts me off before I finish.

"It's ok, you didn't know."

There was a long silent pause.

"I'm guessing you want to know what happened to her."

"I mean I'm curious but you don't have to tell me if you don't want."

"It's fine."

She takes a deep breath, exhaling slowly.

"It was almost a year ago. She was over at my house and it was late. I tried to convince her to stay over for the night but she said she wanted to get home to check on her dad because he was sick. That's the last I heard from her. The next day her truck was found on the side of the road, she had driven into a ditch. They were saying she probably swerved to avoid a deer. Her cell phone was found dead in the front seat and they said she probably wandered off to try and get some help. We searched day and night for a whole week, but after that they wouldn't look anymore. They said there was no way she was still alive. But I didn't believe them. She a fighter, a survivor. I begged them to keep looking, to not give up, but they didn't listen. I kept looking, I looked for months. I would even skip school to look and mrs. Bain would cover for me. I just couldn't accept it."

"I'm so sorry holly I can't imagine."

"Don't worry about it. I've come to terms with it. I know I'm supposed to be showing you around school today, but what do you say to just hanging out here instead?"

"I think that sounds way better than school."

*************************************

Hey guys so I know it's been about two years since I posted on this story but I came across it recently and decided to pick it up again. I wrote out a new story line which is way better than my original and I am extremely excited about it. I hope y'all enjoy it as much as y'all did before!