Chapter 4: Out of the frying pan, into the fire

November 3rd, 2025

Unknown, Dystopia

   Loki snapped awake, as his eyes adjusted he realized he was lying under a tree in a huge field. Remembering what happened on the cliff his first thought was;

   "She pushed me, she pushed me off the cliff."

   He stood up and looked around, checking his surroundings. The tree Loki was under was the only one in the field and as he looked around he noticed two planet's hovering above him. In the distance Loki saw some small hills but could not see what was over them. Sitting back down he took a moment to try and figure out how to bring up his menu.

   The goddess failed to mention how to do anything once he was here so Loki had no idea what he was doing. Laying against the tree he felt something pressing into his back, then feeling to know what it was he realized it was a backpack of sorts. Taking it off, Loki opened the latch to look inside but when he did a window popped up with the word -[Inventory]- along the top. Below it was a grid of boxes, some empty but other had items in it, such as a small canteen for water, a loaf of bread, a map, and lastly a instruction booklet. Tapping on the booklet it disappeared from his inventory and appeared in his hand.

   Loki flipped through it and learned about the menu, how it works, and what all he can access from it. After reading some other stuff about Guilds, how leveling works, and a vague warning mentioning Events. When he was done Loki put the book back into his -[Inventory]- then pulled out the map. Only a small area around where he landed was explored while the rest of the map was covered in fog, waiting to be discovered.

   He put the map away then opened the menu to check his stats, looking to see if they would match the style Loki wanted.

____________________

·Map·
·Inventory·
·Character·
·Stats·
·Titles·
·Guilds·
·Chats·
·Help·
___________________

   Tapping the Skills tab a separate window opened up in front of him.

__________________

   Stats:  

Loki - Level 1

Health - 100

Mana - 80

Vitality - 10

Strength - 9

Constitution - 9

Agility - 15

Dexterity - 11

Intelligence - 8

Wisdom - 8

Luck - 10

Fame - 0

Weapon - simple curved sword
Armor - plain leather armor w/ jacket

________________

   Skills:  

Eyes of the night (Race Skill); duration 2 hours - allows your eyes to adjust to see even in the darkest of caves.

   Evolution (Inherent Skill); duration 1 minute (activate right before eating monster) - sends you into a feeding frenzy and upon consuming fallen monsters your body with begin to take on traits of the monster with the possibility of gaining skill(s) of the monster. Important note; Evolution is irreversible, choose your meals wisely.
__________________