Chapter 17: The Night Of Their Perfect Prom

Start from the beginning

"There's not any crazy people at your school, is there?" Will says threateningly.

"Not that I know of." James gulps.

"Let's go, Jay." Jenna laughs. "Bye, Mom. Bye, Dad. Bye, Chris."

She links her arm through his and they walk out to his car, getting into the Big Time Rush mobile. She gives him a hug and kiss, then gives him room to start the car. He pulls away from the curb and drives down the street, playing with the dial on the radio until he finds a good station. He lets J Lo's "On The Floor" blast through the speakers. Hoping to make Jenna laugh, he starts singing along, very off key.

"Jay, you're making my ears hurt." Jenna giggles.

"Aww, that's mean." James chuckles, kissing her hand.

"Don't sing like that!" Jenna whines. "I like your real voice."

"The guys and I are performing later, so you'll get to hear me sing." James says, squeezing her hand.

"Yay!"

"Why am I here?" Lacey complains as Gustavo and Kelly drag her to the DJ table. Gustavo suddenly shoves some earphones into her hands and she gives the music producer a weird look. He created the hottest boyband ever, but he's out of his mind. She can't believe that he and Kelly showed up at her house with a prom dress, forced her to wear it, and dragged her all the way to Rocque Records for the Palm Woods prom. She doesn't even know why she's here, considering that she doesn't have a date.

"Gustavo and I need to take care of catering and photographer, so we need you to be the DJ." Kelly begs. She and Gustavo run away before Lacey can protest. She looks down at her sparkly black dress, then she glances at the several prom goers. She shakes her head and puts the earphones on, doing what she can with the stupidly confusing machine in front of her. She doesn't know what she's doing. If this goes wrong, Gustavo and Kelly better not blame her because it was their idea for her to DJ in the first place. Idiots...

"Um, okay, let's party in the...Hizz house. Fo shizzle!" She says awkwardly. Wow, that sounded stupid. This is why she doesn't do stuff like this. If she has to be here, she should be taking care of the food. She can handle food, but she is not good with machines and musical instruments. She is going to make sure that Gustavo and Kelly pay for making her do this.

"Alright, I guess you're wanting some good tunes, right?" She laughs awkwardly, looking through the list of songs on the computer thingy. "Ah, here's one!"

She clicks on "It's Five O Clock Somewhere." She isn't sure if these teens care about listening to country, but the lyrics describe Lacey's mood so well. Pour me something tall a strong...Yeah, she could use something tall and strong, really strong. I'd like to call him something, but I think I'll just call it a day...Haha, it's funny how well a song can fit someone's mood.

"Okay, you obviously don't know how to work this thing." Stephanie says, pushing her aside. "Let's put some Rihanna on. Teens love Rihanna."

Gosh, she chose Unfaithful. Why did she choose that song? Lacey gets depressed whenever she hears it.

"Dang, why so depressing?" Lacey asks, trying to change the song.

"Oh, let them be depressed for a while." Stephanie says, grabbing Lacey's arm and dragging her out of the view of the students. "I have a big problem and I'm freaking out. I don't know you that well, so it'll be easier to talk to you about it."

"What's the problem?" Lacey shrugs.

"I got accepted to NYU. I mean, I know that's a good thing, but Carlos doesn't know. The poor guy is going to be so heartbroken when I tell him that I'm moving to New York City the week after graduation. I know I need to tell him, but I just hate to break his heart. He's so sensitive and I don't know what he's going to say when I tell him."