Beyond the Black Lines {PREVIEW}

"Et ad congregandum, Eos coram me."

A small noise of pain escaped her lips as she pressed the tip of the blade into the palm of her hand. Blood dripped into the bowl, mixing with the freshly picked herbs she'd picked up from an old friend earlier that day, and she grinned tensely as she lit a match.

With a slight flick of her wrist she released the lit match towards the bowl of mixed herbs. The distant concentration in her eyes as she inspected the seven candles, all lit and connected with faint chalk-drawn lines, had her soul shiver with anticipation as she awaited his presence.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of being summoned tonight, Ms. Davis?" 

~*~*~*~

Evelyn Davis "The Demon Whisperer."; she scoffs at the poor title. But amongst her vast knowledge of the theological study of demonology, angeology, and spirituology, she still has the same charm and charisma as any other teenage girl. 

Harry Styles "Pure-Bred Demon."; pride swells in his hollow chest at the title. But like Evelyn there was so much more hidden beneath his dark shadowed eyes than your typical demon. His mind ached for Evelyn and so did his soul; trapped six feet below the ground.

"They say if you whisper the ritual, the chances of contacting the same demon you first encountered is one out of ten. Harry, I need you."