Chapter 8: The Day Jenna Was Popular For A Day

Start from the beginning

"I heard that she's BFF's with Jo Taylor." Marcus Santiago calls out.

"Jo Taylor? Dude, she is so hot! Jenna, if you ever talk to her, tell her that I'm single and looking for a pretty girl." Aaron Parker calls out.

"She has a boyfriend." Jenna answers. "She's dating Kendall Knight."

"He's one lucky guy." Aaron says, shaking his head. He's obviously disappointed that he has no chance with Jo. As for the attention Jenna is getting, it feels wierd yet really exciting. She has never been popular, yet all the cool kids truly seem interested in her today. Most of the time, they either ignore her or make fun of her, but now they seem to care about her life. They're mostly curious about James and her new celebrity friends, but she has gotten the attention of the most popular kids in school. That's a big deal for her.

"Hey, why don't you hang with us some time? Maybe even have lunch with us today." Anna suggests.

"You've never asked me to sit with you before." Jenna says carefully.

"Well, we're gonna give you a chance." Anna tells her. "You seem pretty cool."

From a distance, Lacey and Brian watch as their friend chats with the cool crowd. They look at each other with uneasiness, not feeling too good about this.

"It's so cool that you and James are dating." Anna says as they walk to the "popular table."

"He's a really sweet guy." Jenna smiles as they sit down. "And he's nothing like the tabloids make him out to be. He's not a jerk, he's not self absorbed, and he's not disrespectful to women. When I first met him, he was so nice."

She can't believe that she's sitting at the popular table. She has never sat at the popular table before. It's off limits to anyone that isn't considered cool. Jenna, Lacey, and Brian usually get their own table with just the three of them, but the popular table is completely filled. The tables at Lincoln High School's cafeteria are circular and have five chairs each.

"What are the other guys like? I am completely obsessed with Carlos." Another popular girl, Amanda, says dreamily. "He's so cute and I love how he always wears that helmet. I love me some hockey players."

"Please, Carlos would never date you." Anna smirks, smiling in satisfaction at the insulted expression on Amanda's face.

"I'm sure he would date her if he was single." Jenna says, coming to Amanda's defense.

"Why do you hang out with Lacey and Brian anyway?" Layla asks her. "They're not exactly at the top of the social food chain. But you're pretty, smart, you're dating a celebrity, and your sense of fashion isn't all that bad. Could use a few adjustments, though. Maybe we'll go to the mall after school and buy you a few nice things. We want you to look super hot for your new man."

"Yeah, no offense, but you can't go out with a celebrity dressed like that." Anna says, examining Jenna's outfit. Jenna frowns at Anna's jab at her fashion sense. She's wearing jeans and a Lincoln High School T shirt, while Anna is much more stylist. The girl is wearing a denim skirt, a pink tank top, and a yellow blazer with some long and layered necklaces. Maybe she's right. If she's going to fit into James's world, she needs to dress correctly.

"We'll fix you up." Amanda says, touching Jenna's shoulder.

James looks at the clock on the wall. He thought that Jenna was going to stop by, but it's almost five and she still isn't here. He hopes that she's okay. Los Angeles is big, there's a lot of traffic, and car accidents aren't uncommon. He's not really a worriesome kind of person, but he does worry about people he cares about. He hopes that Jenna wasn't riding home from school and got into an accident.