Prologue

Prologue

Jayson Vance scanned the crowd looking for him. At first his hawk eyes almost missed the boy he was searching so vigorously for, but then he saw the familiar five-seven frame leaning against the chain length fence. The stadium lights illuminated his stunning features, highlighting them perfectly.

“Tommy!” Jayson shouted at the most gorgeous boy he had ever laid eyes on. He was completely perfect in every way, whether he noticed or not.

“Over here,” Thomas ‘Tommy’ Woods motioned, still leaning against the fence, grinning bemusedly at Jayson.

He darted off in Tommy’s direction, pushing past the crowd of people. Recognizing almost everyone and not bothering to return their greetings, Jayson wormed his way over to the slender boy leaned against the fence.

“There you are,” Jayson sighed and smiled as he wrapped his arms around the shorter boy’s waist.

“Yes, here I am,” he said, his smile matching Jayson’s.

“I thought I was never going to find you. It looks like every moron in town is here,” Jayson complained. And as if to perfectly illustrate his point the crowd roared, hooting as two rednecks streaked across the field. Yes, literally streaked across the field. It happened every year when their school played Wellington.

“Well, it is the biggest rivalry in the state,” Tommy paused, his cocked eyebrow seguing into a sardonic smirk, “What took you so long getting here?”

Jayson bit his lip, knowing that Tommy already had a pretty good idea of what he was about to say. “I had to do some convincing for my parents to unground me.”

Tommy face-palmed, his gut feeling proved to be right. “What did you do to get yourself grounded, this time?”

“Remember when I snuck out to see you the last time I was grounded?” Jayson started and Tommy nodded for him to go on. “Julia ratted me out because I wouldn’t give her a ride to the game.”

“Babe, sometimes you are an incredibly huge idiot,” he said matter-of-factly.

“You’re telling me,” Jayson quipped.

“So what are your new terms and conditions?”

“I could only come if I brought Julia and gave up my Xbox privileges for two weeks.”

“How will you ever live?” Tommy mocked, his dark eyes dancing in the light.

“I’m sure I’ll survive,” he replied flatly.

For Tommy to be a grade below Jayson, he didn’t seem to have a problem picking on the elder boy. Just because Jayson was older didn’t make him the one who wore the pants in the relationship either. That was all Tommy and he knew it.

“So, who’s winning?” Jayson asked still pouting. He really didn’t care about their schools football team; he only came because Tommy enjoyed those sorts of things.

“We are, so far. Now stop pouting.”

“Why? What are you going to do about it?” Jayson exaggerated the poutiness of his lips, pushing the younger boy.

“I’ll be forced to do this,” the brunette said and pressed his lips to the taller boy’s causing him to forget what he had been doing.

Every single one of his kisses was magical and like the first. For an inexperienced freshman he was a surprisingly amazing kisser.