Chapter 9: Bree/Cameron/Seth

Bree

I leaned closer and closer to him, making it seem like I was aimed for his neck, just about to bite.  The look on his face was unbearably hilarious and before I let my lips touch his neck, I dissolved into giggles.  I fell back on the bed, howling with laughter.  He stared at me puzzled. 

            “You…Are…So…Easy…to…mess…With!” I gasped.  I cackled.  I couldn’t help it.  I never thought I’d have so much fun when Cameron knew the secret!

            He blushed.  “Well, I thought you were gonna suck me dry!” he said. 

            “I was messing with you!  I wasn’t gonna hurt you!” I said between laughs.  I couldn’t help it. 

            “Are you here to babysit me or laugh at me?” he asked.  I could tell he was embarrassed even though I was the only one in the room. 

            “I don’t know, you tell me,” I said.  “You should be thankful there was no one here to see your face!”

            He looked away from me at the wall.  I reached out and ruffled his hair.  “I’m not gonna do anything to you.  I swear on my pinky,” I said, holding out my pinky like I used to do when I was little. 

            “I grew out of that when I was in 6th grade,” he said. 

            So I did what I had been thinking about doing when I started my little trick.  I kissed him.  Right on the mouth, like I went around doing it every day. 

            I pulled away before he had the chance to kiss back.  “Better?” I asked. 

            He just blinked.  He stared at me.  “Did you just-?” he asked. 

            I nodded, trying to hold back my laugh.  It escaped my mouth in a sort of forced, unneeded breath.  I covered my mouth, puffing my face out as if to hold the laugh in my cheeks. 

            Cameron glared at me.  “I don’t fall for that kind of sick seduction from girls,” he said. 

            He was lying.  “Cameron, you suck at lying,” I said. 

            He stuck his tongue out at me.  “Yeah well, I don’t.”

Cameron

            I went to Vanessa’s the next day, just for fun.  Bree was there.  “Do I really have to drive you home again?” she asked, skating over to me. 

            “No,” I said. 

            “Go.  Home,” she said, poking me in the abs with each word. 

            “Why?” he asked. 

            “You’ll break the damn scab, stupid!” she said. 

            “So?” I said. 

            She opened her mouth and pointed to a sharp looking canine tooth.  “I can spill your blood,” she whispered.  I shivered.  She laughed.  “Gotcha,” she said, plucking my forehead.  “Go home.”

            I wasn’t going anywhere.  So, to prove my point, I sat down.  Bree got me a Coke and rolled around serving customers until her lunch break.  She dragged me to my car and personally lifted me into it herself.  She got in the car and drove past my house.