Chapter One: Freedom

Bucky's POV

We finally arrived. It took ages to find this damn place. It's in worse condition than we had hoped. I bet nothing's even in there. We have to scope out the place to make sure. Though, I'm not exactly sure what it is we're looking for. I doubt Steve even knows.

"Hey, Buck! Help me get this door open!" Steve shouts toward me, snapping me back to reality.

it took all three of us to lift the giant, broken door to get inside.

"Holy shit-" Sam says under his breath. I'm thinking the exact thing he is.

What the hell happened to this place?

Steve turns to Sam and me and whispers, "Let's split up. I'll take the bottom floor. Sam you take this one, and Bucky takes the top floor."

We all nod in agreement and start our search. I find a way up to the top level of the laboratory and start walking down the hallways, stopping in each room to find any sign of anything. After an hour of searching, I almost give up hope. Until I reach the last room in a dark passage. The door is locked, unlike every other one.

"Weird..." I say to myself as I try breaking down the door. I repeatedly slam my shoulder against the door until it gives in. I poke my head into the room and instantly get a heavy feeling in my chest. I can't see a damn thing, but there's something in this room. Or someone.

I use our communication devices to contact Steve and Sam downstairs.

"I need you guys to come up here ASAP." I whisper softly, trying not to startle whatever's in the room. I can hear it shifting and... crying?

Not long after, they rush to my side. From the looks of their facial expressions, they've sensed the presence too. Sam was about to use his special goggle to see what's in the room. Just as he does, the thing inside dashes out.

"Hey! Wait!" Steve yells and immediately runs after it, Sam and me following behind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV

I'm in so much pain, I can hardly stand it. I wish I would just die already. I don't care where I go after I'm dead, I just want the pain to stop. I can't stop myself from softly letting out a weep every once in a while, but no one is here to hear it anymore.

Suddenly I hear the door handle violently jiggle. Someone's trying to get in. I panic, but I dare not move. Then the person trying to get in starts slamming on the door. The noise is so loud, and I'm so scared. Whoever it is finally breaks down the door, but just stands there. I can barely see their silhouette in the doorway.

They put their hand to their ear and starts whispering something. I wish I could make out what they said. Whoever it was, they must've heard me quietly squeal in pain because they seemed to act more cautious. Not long after, two more figures showed up at the door. My heart starts racing and a sudden rush of energy spikes throughout my body. Without even thinking I run through the door, pushing them out of the way.

The adrenaline keeps me going fast despite my inability to even move before. I jump down to the main level of the building and rush outside. I can hear the figures yelling for me to stop, but I don't even dare look back. This was my chance to finally escape. This was the last hope I had. For the first time, I finally felt free as I ran through the snow covered forest. This was as far away from the facility I've ever been. My bare feet stung from the freezing cold. I didn't care. Nothing mattered more than getting as far away from home as possible.

It had felt like only minutes running, but then something caught my leg making me fall to the ground. As my body hit the terrain hard, it snapped me back to the real pain I was feeling before. My body ached, but I tried to prop myself up again. I could hear the people getting closer, but I couldn't get up in time. They found me.

One of them, who I now noticed was a very large man with a silver arm, slowly walked towards me. My vision was starting to blur and I could feel my mind slipping away.

"Shhh... It's okay. We're here to help you." The man said with a gentle voice.

He's lying. No one has ever helped me. I tried to protest against him picking me up, but it was no use. My body was jello at this point. I whimpered under his touch. I was exhausted and ready to pass out. I could hear the three talking to each other about something, but it was just sound to my ears. Finally, I fully collapsed in the man's arms losing consciousness completely. I drifted off into a very long and abysmal slumber that felt like years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I hoped you liked the beginning of a new Bucky x Reader story! I'm not sure how long this one will be, but if you're interested in more please let me know! Also if you have requests for other stories please let me know as well! Thank you for reading!!