Chapter 10

I ducked down as quickly as I could bringing Daryl down with me. "What the hell?" he growled. I pointed outside the window. He looked and ducked back down with an awful expression. "Shit we need to move" he told me quietly. He crawled over behind a shelf and I quickly followed him. He stood up making sure he wasn't going to be seen out the window. I got up and he grabbed my hand and we both sprinted through the store. I clutched onto Daryl's hand tightly as he led me trough the store.

Daryl brought me out the back door of the store just in time because the store we just ran out of the governor just entered in. "I know you're in here" boomed the governors voice. I whimpered quietly holding onto Daryl's hand even tighter. Daryl and I kept running until me saw a manhole cover. "We're gonna hav to hide down here until he leaves." Daryl said softly. He lifted up the cover and it was not very deep down. It was only about 7 or 8 feet deep. I quickly climbed down the ladder and Daryl followed and pushed the lid over the opening.

I took my pack off of my back and luckily I brought some food and a blanket with me just incase we got caught up in something. I laid the blanket down on the dirty floor. Daryl went in my bag and got out the food that I brought. Saltine crackers and peanut butter. Daryl sat down and opened our small amount of food being extra quiet just incase the governor was near by. I plopped myself down next to Daryl and grabbed a couple crackers and dipped them in the peanut butter. We ate quietly and quickly and before we knew it, it was starting to get a little dark outside. "What if he finds us?" I ask Daryl my voice barely above a whisper. He put his arm around me and pulled me into him. "He won't don't worry. As long as yer here with me I won't let anythin happen to ya" I snuggled into him and he pulled me close and held me tight.

We sat there in silence and I heard something that made my heart stop. I heard heavy footsteps and then I heard his voice. "They have to be around here somewhere. I know it's some people from the prison and were gonna find them." He said. I let a small cry escape my lips and Daryl hugged me even tighter and I buried my face in his chest. "Shh shh" he whispered in my ear. "We're gonna be just fine" he cooed softly. I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard their heavy footsteps move away from where we were.

"Biters!!!!" I heard someone from the governors group call out. then I heard moans coming from walkers. I heard a couple gun shots and car doors slamming. Then tired screeched on the road and the governor and his men drove off. For once in my life I was actually glad that walkers came by.

"They're gone now don't worry" Daryl said still holding me. "We're jus gonna have to stay down here and wait for them walkers to clear out." He said. "Ok. Maybe we should try to get some sleep." I said. Daryl grunted and let go of me and laid down on the blanket and opened his arms for me. Before I laid down I leaned in and gave him a quick kiss on the lips and he smiled at me. I laid down into his arms and tried to get some sleep. I felt so safe right here in Daryl's arms.

We laid for awhile as sleep finally took over. We both fell into a light sleep.

I woke up and Daryl was awake and still had his arm around me. "Mornin. We need to get outta here and back to the prison" he said. I nodded. I packed up the blanket and our food and out my bag on my back. Daryl climbed up the ladder and moved the top away with ease. He climbed out and I followed him up the ladder. Daryl reached out his hand and I took it and he pulled me up onto the cement.

Most of the walkers had cleared out and his bike was in view. Only about three dumb walkers were wandering around the parking lot. Daryl and I broke out in a run and got to his bike quickly and he started it up and I hopped on. He handed me his crossbow and I put it on my back. I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his back. An he drove off. Hopefully we can get back to the prison without any trouble.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

HEY GUYS!!! PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!! VOTE AND COMMENT AND THANKS FOR READING MY STORY!!! :)