She laughs.

"It's hard to image just days ago we were at each other's throats." She says.

I shrug.

"I'm a forgiving person." I say adjusting my bag.

I look down at my black skinnies before looking to my black and purple band t shirt, making sure they weren't too dirty.

"We have about 10 minutes to kill until school starts, want to go to the cafeteria and talk?" Victoria questions.

I shrug.

"Sounds cool." I grin.

She smiles as we walk side by side together. As we walk through the halls kids by their lockers give us wide eyed looks.

"I bet everyone is shocked." She snickers.

I rest my hands on the back of my neck and continue walking.

"Eh, let them think what they want, as long as they don't start crowding me." I mutter.

Victoria giggles.

"Your not much of a people person are you?" She questions.

I give her a 'duh' look.

"This is the most I've talk in school throughout the entire school year, so no I'm not a people person." I say.

She grins over at me while I just glance at her. Once in the cafeteria we sit down at a lone table in the corner, my table.

"Hope you don't mind being cut off from the other peeps, I prefer to be as far away from other kids as possible." I say leaning against the wall as I sit in my usual seat.

She shakes her head.

"I like it actually, quick question why do you prefer to be alone?" She questions.

I look over at her before sighing.

"I'm an observer so I see what is going on around here that others don't, and over half these kids are too focused on partying and sex, instead of thinking what kind of effects will the stuff they do have on their future. I don't want to surround myself with that, I don't want to deal with getting a phone call from a sobbing parent telling me my friend died overdosing or dying in a wreck because of drinking while driving." I say.

She gives me a look of awe.

"Wow, you really think things over." She says.

I shrug.

"When you don't talk you have to find something else to occupy your time." I say.

Finally after we talk for a few minutes the bell for class sounds off. We say our goodbyes before going to our classes. At the end of the day, I walk calmly towards the exit of the school, ready to head home. Once outside as I walk down the steps, I hear a familiar voice call out.

"Wait up!" I hear Victoria call.

I stop and wait patiently for her, once by my side she joins elbows with me causing me to stiffen at the sudden touch before I quickly hide it.

"Are you walking home?" She questions.

I nod.

"I'm not leaving for another 30 minutes want to hang around school until I leave, I can give you a ride home." She smiles.

I shrug.

"Sure." I say.

She smiles brightly, before she tug me over to the park across from the school. We both sit on the swing set and talk, well more of Victoria happily babbling on about somethings, while I nod a few times in agreement or grunt.