Chapter 1: On Set

Finn was stunned by what she just did but he hugged her back anyway. Millie, realizing what she just did, let go after a while and stepped back.

"Hi.." she said awkwardly, starting to blush. "Hey.. so uhm-- I read the script and.." he started, but a voice called out and interrupted them.

"Millie. Come here please." Her manager called her. She looked slightly annoyed and turned to Finn. "I'll just-" she started."Oh it's cool. I'll-- tell you later." He said and walked away.

"Sign this please." Her manager said. She took the pen and scribbled her signature on it. She then walked towards the room to get her hair and make up done.

"Hi Millie." Her old hairstylist, Louise smiled at her. "Oh hi!" She greeted back brightly. They worked on her for 20 minutes, and she was ready. "Okay, you're good to go."

She walked towards the set and saw a classroom. She repeated her lines in her head as she headed to the bench where the other cast members were sitting.

She sat beside a blonde girl, who she tried to make friends with. "Hi, what's your name?" Millie asked. The girl, who seemed like her age, answered snobbishly. "Linda."

Millie already knew that she wouldn't make a good friend, but now that she started the conversation, she couldn't just end it.

"Well, I'm Millie--" she was cut off. "I know." She was starting to piss her off. Good thing the director started the shoot already.

"Ok let's start. We will be shooting the scene in class where Alice, which is played by Millie, will meet Kathleen or Linda." The director said.

"Great." Millie muttered under her breath. "What was that?" Linda asked, challenging her. She put on the fakest smile she could muster. "Nothing."

"Then, Kevin, that's you Finn, will walk in class. I assume you all know your lines so let's get started."

Millie took her bag and textbooks, and walked into class as the bell rang. She sat beside Linda, who started to act very friendly.

"Hi! Are you the new student they were talking about?" Millie acted shy. "Uhm yeah.." Just then, Finn walked in. She lost her focus, as he sat beside her. Finn smiled and said, "Hi."

"Cut! Okay that was perfect Millie! Very realistic, okay let's continue." the director said. The person who played the part of their teacher. "Alright, we have a new student.."

The shoot continued and they finished the scene in just 20 minutes. They were moving to the next place, when Finn walked up to her.

"Oh Finn." She said. "Hey.. you did great there." He said. "You too." Their eyes met and they smiled at the same time.

"So I was trying to tell you earlier. Well I read the script and.. we have a kissing scene." Millie was shocked, and took a while to understand this information.

"Wait-- you're kidding right?" Millie asked. Finn scratched the back of his neck. "Actually, I'm not." She stood there again, not saying anything.

"But if you're not comfortable, then we can talk with the directors and maybe we can work something out." Finn offered. She gulped. "No it's alright. I'll do it." She said, full of determination. "Well okay." Finn turned around, quite glad that she declined his offer.

"Oh and by the way.." He turned again. "Don't stress about it. It's still a long way before we shoot it." He smiled at her. "Thanks." She said.

She was quite nervous. She did many kissing scenes before, in fact, her first ever kiss was with Finn. So it would be okay. How was this any different?