Chapter 28: Declared Hunt

Start from the beginning

"You brought snacks?" He asked as he took a step forward.

"You're not going to touch us." Katnis snarled, "We're not snacks."

"But you're human." Laurent said, astounded.

"Yes." Rosalie says, stotic beside Jasper who is also in a crouching pose.

"Katnis, that's your name, right?" Victoria asked.

"What's it to you?" Katnis bit.

A sinister smile spread across her face. "Looks like we've got ourselves a feisty one, boys."

"Leave.  Quietly. " Katnis hissed.

Her eyes sharpen on Katnis face before glancing at the vampire named James.

"We would like to accept your invitation.  But,  of course we will not bring any harm to the human girls. Not will we hunt in your range as said before." Laurent says.

James and Victoria share an incredulous look, while Rosalie instantly feel beside Katnis.

"Let's go." Edward's voice was bleak and very low but Katnis eyes remained on Victoria.

"Maybe I should stay.  Get Bella to safety." Katnis suggested.

"No!" Edward roared, "I'm not leaving you here." She barely had a moment to think before Edward aligned her on his back and took off towards Emmett's jeep,  Emmett close behind with Bella on his back.

He pushed her into the back seat,  gently, and fumbled with the straps.  His usual gracefulness gone as he struggled to fasten her in. "Cullen, stop. Let me do it."

He stares at her for a moment, then Bella is placed on the seat beside her. She quickly does her straps for her as Rosalie takes a seat beside her.

Edward jumped into the drivers seat, started the engine, it roared to life,  and then he was moving.  Katnis and Bella jolted harshly, a grimace planted on Bella's face as she bumped Rosalie's shoulder.

"Cullen, slow down." Katnis hissed, then a confused expression replaced the angry one she had moments prior, watching as they moved out of Forks.

"Where are we going?" Bella asked.  No one answered, and nobody looked back at her.

"Dammit, Cullen! Where are you taking us?" Katnis snapped.

"We have to get the two of you away from here - far away - now." Emmett says.

"What? No!"

"Turn around, Cullen! You have to take us home!" Katnis began struggling with the harness. Rosalie quickly reaches over and latches her hand around hers, shaking her head. "No! You can't do this, Cullen."

"Katnis, stop. He has to do this."

"No! We have to go home!" Bella hissed.

"We have to get to Charlie! They'll be all over him,  Carlisle and Esme!" she snapped. "I won't let you risk your lives for us."

"Take us home!" snapped Bella.

"Calm down!" Rosalie hissed at them.

"We've been through this before," Cullen says from the front seat. "You're -"

"Not over me,  you don't! You are not risking your life or the lives of your family for me." she struggled,  with the harness, violently.

"Edward,  pull over." Emmett says and he glares at him harshly before speeding up.

"We have to talk this through, Edward." Alice says trying to reason with him.

He glanced through the rearview mirror at Katnis,  the harsh look seeming frozen on his face.

"You don't understand, Emmett.  She's a tracker.  Did you see that Alice? A tracker." his voice louder than Katnis has ever heard.

"Goddammit, Cullen,  pull this car over before I jump out of it!" Katnis snarled.

"I saw her mind, tracking is her passion.  It's her obsession - and she wants them, Emmett. 
Specifically her, she begins her hunt tonight." Edward states.

"I. don't. Care.  I'm not leaving Charlie here alone, defenseless. I'm not leaving our father."

"She's right." Rosalie says. "We need to think over our options."

The car slowed down before stretching to a halt. "There are no options." Edward said.

"Were not leaving Charlie!" Bella shouted.

"We have to take them back," Emmett said, sparing them a glance. "She's no match for us.  She won't touch them."

Edward angles his body to look back at them before his eyes drifts back to Emmett. "You didn't see - once she commits to a hunt, she's unshakeable.  There is no stopping her. We'll have to kill her." his jaw clenched. 

"There's enough of us." Emmett stated.

"There's another option." Alice says.

Almost immediately,  Edward shakes his head. "There is no other option."

Katnis glares at the back of his head before he put the jeep in drive and it lurched forward. "Cullen, I swear on my life if you don't take us home I will tuck and roll out of this jeep." she snarled.

Edward glanced at her through the mirror once again.  He knew she was serious but he couldn't risk Victoria getting to her. So, he quickly locked the doors.

"I'm sorry,  Katnis."

"Me too." She quickly unfastened her harness, unlocked the doors and quickly pushed it open.

"No!" he roared. 

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Does Katnis succeed in tucking and rolling out of the jeep or is she stopped by Alice,  Emmett,  Rosalie or Bella?

How far would you go to protect your family?