the first

CHAPTER FIVE

WATER HAD BEGAN TO DESCEND from the sky and the earths scent was beginning to rise. We were moving quickly, but still far too slow for my liking. Much is to happen on the trip and it would be all work but with the appearance of gods along came distractions in form of games.
Thunder was soon to come, along with lightning, and we would be forced to stop for the day. The thunder was our first warning that they were soon to arrive. The first death or deaths were among us and tension had quickly become our favorite state. My people knew what was here and although tension filled the air so did a rush of adrenaline, everyone was ready for the first game.

"Do you know what will come?" Asked Levi. He was prepared more than anyone, Levi had no fears or enemies for that matter. For anyone to hate Levi they would have to not be completely petrified of him. Everyone worships him.

"What god will come? or what death match will be put upon us?" Of course I knew what god would be first. They always send the least merciless to introduce us to our blood–to familiarize ourselves with what we are.

Lightning was coming closer to us, our counts were lessening by the second. And within a minute it was here.

"A god is among us, only today he is the devil. It's a battle of who can endure the most pain. Don't disappoint me"