Crossed Lyrics

"Please welcome Ava and Mia Woods!" Ellen's voiced boomed through her microphone as my sister and I got pushed on to the set.

Yes I'm talking about the Ellen Show. Yes I'm talking about Ellen Degeneres. Yes I know this is beyond crazy.

The applause grew louder as we came into sight and walked over to Ellen. My hands were becoming a bit shaky and my anxiety was starting to kick in.

"It's so nice to meet you two!" Ellen smiled at us as she gave us each a hug.

"You as well." I smiled back at her.

She motioned for us to take a seat on the couch across from her as she took a seat in her chair. The clapping started to die down and come to an end. I looked over my shoulder to see my best friend, Dakota, laughing as she took notice to my anxiety. I quickly turned my attention back to Ellen as she began to talk.

"You seem a little nervous?" Ellen asked, my cheeks flushed in embarrassment quickly.

"Just a little, I'm not the best in front of audiences." I sadly smiled over to her.

"No worries, this isn't live." Her words calmed me a little. "So let me makes sure I have this right...your Ava and your Mia?" She assured herself by pointing to my sister first and then me.

"Yes, that's correct." Ava answered with a small laugh.

"But your real name isn't Mia, is that right?" Ellen turned her attention towards me.

"Ya, my real name is Mackenzie." I smiled back, it's a good thing I had a microphone clipped to me because otherwise nobody would be able to hear me.

"Where did Mia come from?" She asked, with a laugh from her slight confusion.

"Well Ava was two when I was born and she couldn't quite pronounce my name. Somehow she got Mia from attempting to say Mackenzie and it just kinda stuck." I shrugged my shoulders as I told the short story.

"You must have more than a couple nicknames then?" She kept the topic going.

"Ya, I guess I do. Some people call me Mac or Kenzie, or just simply Mackenzie but I prefer Mia." I answered her question.

"Sounds good." She smiled and then looked at Ava, then back at me. "So you girls are sisters and became known on Vine?"

We both nodded our heads and waited for her to continue on.

"Ava, you sing and Mia you play guitar and write the music?" She looked over a sheet of paper to make sure she had it write.

"Yes." Ava replied simply.

"Then you got discovered by Simon Cowell, and his company. After working with him for a short time he signed you both to contracts. Ava you signed for a year long contract, trying you out as an artist in the making. Mia you got signed to a three year contract as a song writer. That must be amazing!" She gleamed at us, making us both smile.

"It is beyond amazing and we are both extremely blessed. We never thought this would happen, it completely caught us off guard. But we have some amazing fans on Vine and they helped us get to where we are today, and couldn't thank them more." Ava answered, a big smile dancing on her face.

"That's great, I know it's only been a couple weeks but have you started anything yet?" Ellen asked, I'm not to sure who it was aiming for, apparently Ava didn't either because neither of us answered. That's when Ellen turned to me signaling it was towards me.

"I have started a couple new things for Ava, I will stay her songwriter. But they also have me as kind of a traveling writer where I will work with different artist on their music. That I have not started but I find out in two days who my first partnership will be with." I answered.