Fourteenth Plate

After having met my father, Yamato Kumiko, the students including me were assigned to arrive in the main hall once again in the evening. So during the period where we had our own free time, Dad wanted to have lunch together and I agreed.

We went to a family restaurant. My dad and I don't really like having fancy dishes when we meet each other. We might eat once or twice in a month, but not when we just saw each other. I ordered gyoza and Dad ordered an okonomiyaki.

 I ordered gyoza and Dad ordered an okonomiyaki

Our tradition when we meet in a long time is to have an eating contest, more specifically a race to see who finishes their dishes first

Our tradition when we meet in a long time is to have an eating contest, more specifically a race to see who finishes their dishes first. I knew I was going to lose when I saw the size of my gyoza dish while my father was smirking, probably thinking that he was going to win by a landslide.I gave him a smirk and shook, not backing down just because the size of my dish is huge. I started the timer and we both quickly rushed, shoving every bit of food into of mouth.

At one point, my father was going to cry because of the heat from the okonomiyaki. Thanks to that, I almost coughed up the food I was chewing. I had to shove it down with a glass full of water and then I proceed with the challenge, not giving my dad a glance.

Fortunately, I won this challenge. When it came to eating, my father would beat me and I wouldn't see the day of light. You know why? He would make me eat his favorite food every single meal we meet, which should be great but the food he loves is sweet and sour pork. It's too oily to eat every day so I'm really lucky for today.

Suddenly, Dad's phone rings and he picks it up. He sighs when he see the caller and holds up his pointing finger as sign for '1 minute'. I nodded, sitting there waiting patiently for his return. While waiting I nudged his food and racked up a billion recipes from my old recipe to cook for the next task at school.

My thoughts were interrupted when my dad came back from his call, looking sullen. He sees me and gives me a sad smile. I was disappointed, but gave him an encouraging smile. I knew that he wasn't going to be a free man when he decided to start a company for my sake.

I rushed over to my dad and gave him a peck on the cheeks. He returned it with a complicated smile and patted my head. My dad went to the cashier and I bid him farewell, not wanting him to walk me back to school. It would only interfere with his work.

When I arrived back at school, it was around noon which was about 2 hours before our next task on our schedule. So I decided to take a long hot shower before taking a nap. By the time I woke up, I had 10 minutes to rush myself over to the main hall once again. Apparently I'm not very on time...

But when I got there the hall was pretty empty if you considered the first time we were here. I saw Gin standing there with a mic in hand waiting for the students to settle down a bit. Then he lifts the microphone to his lips and starts,"Now then, let us begin the final program of this camp."

I spot Soma and the others together, talking. Soma turns to my direction and grins when he sees me. I gave him a wave in return while he gave me a thumbs up. I turned my attention to the opening doors with the staff of the resort welcoming the students.

"The final program consist of a modest banquet to celebrate the conclusion of this camp."

Kojiro walks toward us with plates on the palm of his hands and Hinako-senpai and the others as well.

"We will have all of you enjoy a full course meal prepared by the alumni. I will now say to all of the 628 of you who survived." My head quickly turns to Gin with my hair gracefully floating. "Congratulations for passing the training camp! Enjoy to your heart's content!"

Everyone started screaming in happiness while I stayed neutral. I crossed my arms and walked into the banquet hall. I sat myself in a table with no one, and placed the white napkin on my lap. I crossed my legs and held my posture straight. I know I may seem like I'm acting snobby but I do this whenver I'm about to taste a colleague's dishes.

A waiter places Kojiro's dish, Tomato Farcíes, in front of me and I gave him a small smile as a thanks. I picked up my knife and fork and carefully sliced through the stuffed tomato and placed it into my mouth. My eyes widened and my lips turned into a smile.

His cooking has definitely changed after the unofficial Shokugeki with Tadokoro-san. I searched for the salmon-haired dude and finally saw. I nodded and gave him a proud smile, while he gave me his nonchalant smirk.

I quickly finished my dish and was about to leave the room when suddenly Gin calls out to me from across the hall. I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly while he just looked annooyingly cunning. When I made it next to his spot, he wraps an arm around me and announces to the whole that I'm going to cook for the people in the banquet.

My eyes widened and I pushed away from the chairman of the resort. I looked around the room with some excited that I was cooking for them, especially Soma, while others were glaring at me. My violet orbs turned to Gin so quickly, the panic could be seen in my eyes and they were pleading him not to do what I think he was going to.

"So as you all may know, she's the one who had one of the most interesting speeches on their first day,"Gin's words muffled through my hand that was covering his mouth. He suddenly pulls out a rope and ties my hands and feet. He gave me a pointed look and I stayed quiet.

Gin continues with his revealing,"And you all should have listened to her because she's someone who has earn her respect from me and the alumni."

Everyone by now, was whispering about who I am and why I was respected. I hung my head low and waited for Gin to finally reveal who I am. "She's Vivian Luxembourg, the girl who won all the awards at a young age and is my apprentice."

He gives me a proud smile and I send him a glare. That sentence sent everyone in the room to chaos. People were choking on their food, some were frozen from the new, others were scared about my experience, and some were dancing in joy from treating me right on the first day.

I knew I was going to have to deal with a shít load of nice talk after today.