the night they met

Mulai dari awal

"Um, do you have anything..." He starts to say.

"Sorry, I don't have anything for you to sign. I'm here with my friend because it's her birthday and she's a huge fan." The girl says politely. James nearly melts when he sees her smile. She's so pretty and he wishes that he could get her phone number. But something tells him that she's not going to give her number to a guy that she doesn't even know.

"She's eighteen, right? She told me about her birthday." He says with a smile. "How old are you?"

"Seventeen." The girl tells him. "My birthday is in May."

"I'm just a month older than you." James grins. "Your name?"

"Jenna."

Jenna. That name is going to be stuck in James's head for a long time. It's adorable and he wants to remember it forever. He's kind of sad that he's not going to see her again. Los Angeles is huge! If James could get her phone number or her Facebook, it wouldn't be a problem, but he doesn't want to scare her by randomly asking for her contact information.

"Cute name." James says, holding out his hand. Jenna slowly grabs a hold of it and they shake hands. "It's nice meeting you, Jenna."

He kisses her hand, then lets it go. He looks up and is almost certain that he sees her blushing. Maybe she's as attracted to him as he is to her. She doesn't seem like the other girls that he has dated. Most of them were very hot, pretty sweet, and outgoing. Jenna has the hot and sweet qualities, but she seems shy and reserved. But that makes her special. He likes that she's different.

"That's a cool watch." Jenna says.

"Thanks." James says, looking at the gold watch on his left wrist. "My mom sent it to me for my seventeenth birthday."

"You don't live with your mom?" Jenna asks in confusion.

"No." James smiles. "I actually live with these guys and Kendall's mom and little sister at the Palm Woods hotel. It's kind of a long story, so I won't go into detail or anything. Basically, I auditioned for Gustavo Rocque, he was a jerk, Kendall stood up for me, we got arrested, Gustavo wanted Kendall, Kendall agreed to go if we all went, and we became Big Time Rush."

"Arrested?" Jenna asks weirdly.

"We got into a fight with some security guards." James laughs. "We didn't do anything bad."

"Right." Jenna giggles.

Wow, she has a cute laugh. In a minute, she'll be gone and James will never get to see that pretty face again. So he does something pretty desperate. He takes out his phone and pretends to be messing with it, but secretly takes a picture of Jenna. He smiles as he looks at it, happy that he'll have something to remind him of her, even though he's only going to see her once.

"Jenna, let's go." Lacey says, waving at her friend.

"It was nice talking to you." Jenna says, waving good bye before following Lacey.

James waves back and sighs heavily. He met an incredibly cute girl and he only got to talk to her for five minutes. That is so depressing. There is only one other girl that made him feel like this. Her name was Annie and he met her at the beach in Malibu. Unfortunately, she moved somewhere else, so they had to break up. He and Jenna aren't dating, but he wishes that he could get to know her better.

"James, we're leaving." Kendall says. James gets out of his seat and follows his friends.

About twenty minutes later, the guys are sitting in a booth at McDonald's, but all James can think about is Jenna. So sweet, so innocent, so adorable. How can he concentrate on anything when he's got a girl on his mind? That never works out very well. If he could talk to her one last time, that would be great. Really, just one more time would be enough to satisfy him.