Chapter Ten: They

Start from the beginning

"Do I even get to choose what I want?" I asked, looking at the menu.

I absolutely despised McDonalds, especially their greasy gross food. I didn't mind their drinks, but I just hated everything else. My stomach rumbled again, reminding me that I shouldn't be so picky. Food was food, and I hadn't eaten in a very, very long time. Xavier gave me a piece of gum last night, but I don't think that counts as food.

"Nope," he replied.

I shot him a glare, maybe I could yell something to the worker. They would probably just think it was a prank though. I don't want to test Xavier too much, he spared me this morning but next time it might be a different story. I'll find another way to escape, although my options are starting to seem very limited.

"At least get me a mcflurry. That's kinda the least you could do."

I saw him swallow hard, "We'll see," he replied blandly. Apparently that hit a nerve. Does Xavier feel guilty? Is that why he bought me that makeup and brought me those clothes? Was it because he felt guilty about kidnapping me? I could tell he was nervous about the whole thing, but I didn't realize he was guilty until now. Finally it struck me, Xavier definently didn't kidnap me by choice.

"Hello, welcome to McDonalds!" the voice came over the speaker, "how can I help you today?"

"Can I get two ten packs of chicken nuggets, and two fries?" he called over the speaker and then turned to me, his lips formed in a scowl.

"Oreo," I stated, reading his mind.

He turned back to the window, "And, two oreo mcflurrys," he said.

"Is that all for you today?" the perky woman questioned.

"Yup," Xavier replied, and I watched as the order appeared on the screen by the speaker.

"That will be fifteen sixty-seven at the window please," she replied.

Xavier pulled forward, behind another car and I turned to him, "Thank you," I said.

He shrugged, "just don't even bother trying to escape now, I bought you a mcflurry."

"You didn't have to."

"You are right," he muttered, quietly.

I frowned, and snapped my head over to him, "What?" I asked, slightly shocked.

"I shouldn't have kidnapped you," he said quietly, his voice suddenly a bit rough. Where the hell was this coming from? Xavier had emotions?

"You weren't the only one, right? There were these two guys at the party, and I know for a fact you weren't one of them. They were charming- you just aren't. There were multiple voices when I was put in the car too. You aren't just kidnapping me for fun are you?"

He nodded his head, and the car in front of us pulled forward more. Xavier quickly moved forward too, driving up to the window.

"Hey, I can be quite charming when I want to be and yes, I was not the only on---"

Suddenly the window slid open, and Xavier stopped talking. The woman behind the counter grinned at him, and looked over at me. I could tell her to save me. Tell her that Xavier had kidnapped me, but I didn't want to. I wanted to hear his story. I wanted to hear his reasoning. Also the man bought me a mcflurry, I owed him big time.

"That will be fifteen sixty-seven, please," she said smiling.

Xavier pulled out his wallet from a pocket in his sweatpants, and handed the woman a twenty-dollar bill. She put the bill in the cash register and handed Xavier some change. "Please proceed to the next window," she said.

Xavier pulled forward, once again right behind the other car. I took this opportunity to turn to look at him, "Why did you even kidnap me?" I asked.

The car in front of us moved forward, after getting their food and Xavier pulled up to the next window. He turned his head to face me and gave me a small, sad smile. "It's a long story, let's just say it wasn't exactly what I wanted to do," he said quietly, "they said I shouldn't tell you that too... They said I should pretend to be tough with you but I just can't. Not with you."

Something inside me fluttered when he said not with me. I quickly shook that out of my thoughts, I didn't have time to confuse more feelings. "It wasn't your idea? You didn't want to capture me? Who is they?" I asked, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"Bexley-it's really complicated," he replied, his tone very quiet.

Bexley? Since when did he know my name? I don't recall ever telling him it. "How do you—"

That's when the window slid open, and a man handed Xavier a brown McDonalds bag, interrupting my words. "We'll talk later," he said, giving me a small smile before snatching the bag from the man.

I sure hope we do. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, see ya next Wednesday with maybe one chapter or two, let's seen how this week goes :p

-Erinxx