Chapter 8

"Abigail?" She spoke wispily.

"It's me," I beamed.

"Y-Y-Y-You shouldn't be here," She stuttered. Huh?

"Why?"

"Your dad would murder you," She whispered.

I looked at Klein with weird and he had the same look on his face. What is going on?

"He doesn't know I'm here, gran," I mentioned.

"He'll know, and then he'll think we begged for you to be here. You need to go home right now," She muttered.

"Gran, my gran knows I'm here. She won't rat on me. Please, I just need to know some things," I begged.

"Abigail, go home," She spoke sternly.

"I need to know what happened," I spoke under my breath but clearly.

"With what?" She asked.

"My dad, and you and papa. I need to know," I continued begging.

"Abigail, not everything is easy as telling. You have to know when to give in, and right now you need to leave."

"Please, gran?"

"Fine," She sighed.

She stepped aside and let Klein and I inside. The cottage was a homely feeling place. It was full of memories; of course, there was none from my brother and I. They turned them back. I had to know what was going on. I didn't mean to be mean about it but I just wanted and needed that answer before I lost the plot.

We continued walking up the hallway to where the living room was situated and I was nervous. I was about to meet my grandfather for the first time in years. Well, for the first time! I was nervous because I've never had one before.

Klein grabbed my hand lovingly as we neared the living room. Surprisingly the corridor was short but to me it felt like a lifetime. It felt as if it was elongated.

"You'll be fine, just don't worry so much," He whispered.

I just gave a small nod and kept on walking. Scared wasn't really the word to describe what I was feeling right now. It was a bit of a mystery actually.

"Abigail?" A man's voice rung out.

"Papa?" I asked.

"Oh my dear, why are you here?"

"I need to know the reason, why you both and my dad aren't even talking. You returned Lucas' and I's photographs that my dad sent, you didn't even want to know any of us and all I can wonder is why? Why don't you want to know us? Why haven't you and my dad spoken for 26 years? Why didn't you turn up to my mum's funeral? Why haven't you tried contacting Lucas and I? All these questions and I just want to know the answer," I sighed, exasperated.

"Can I answer one question at a time?" He asked. I nodded. "Then please, take a seat."

I did as I was told and sat down, pulling Klein down with me. He didn't look interested, but I knew he was here because of me. Everyone's here because of me. It's always the same. Got to follow the rules of Princess Abigail, the prim and proper idiot.

"So...," I drawled out.

"It's not that we didn't want to know you, it was the fact that you were royal. People don't know us as Mica's parents. And people who came to the house would wonder why we have baby and toddler pictures of the royal family. We couldn't really explain to people so we just did what was natural and return the pictures. We did and do want to get to know you both, it's just harder because you're both so grown up and different now. Lucas is off living la vida loca somewhere with Shelby and you're here preparing for the biggest year of your life. We didn't want to interrupt that.