Tomie - ONE

3:30 AM, Tuesday. Bedroom.

It's been a week now since the new girl came into town. Some foreign exchange student from Japan.

I know nothing else about her. What city she's from. Who her parents are. Where she lives. Or how she even got here. I just know she's recently been the talk amongst town. And she's been so for a week now. Why she's come here exactly, remains a mystery, I cannot say.

What I can say, her presence annoys me. Her dark black hair, with every string like a cut of fresh silk. Her pale white skin, which glimmers within the sun, and sparkles beneath the moon. Her still water eyes that breaks through the barrier of man, and woman. And the most fascinating beauty mark beneath her left eye.

I dare not think of her beauty, for she has none. She's a foul creature, cruel. A breaker of hearts. Every man and woman in my school has already fallen for her, including the staff and teachers. Foreign lust I dare say, it's all it could ever be.

But dare I question her beauty, I too will be the talk amongst town. As a dead man.

I write this entry now. Early under the dawn of night, and rise of early morning. I hope not to miss the bus again. But I too hope not to be greeted with her presence too soon on the way there. Everyone else may not see it. But I know for a fact, that girl is a monster.

It hides beneath the face of an angel. The songs that sip from its lips dribble with lies. A voice of elegance, one that carries the luxurious tone of one born with a silver spoon in their mouth. But its slight disconcern of sympathy, and its ignorance of empathy, annoys me. Yet, its words drip with sweet spells that play second fiddle on any man's heart.

No, I write this out of spite for her. What I feel for her is not love, nor respect. But hate. Hate formed from the pain of knowing she is left distraught in my head. I cannot stop thinking about her. I cannot stop dreaming about her. I cannot-- For every time I shut my eyes, I see her.

The time for my bus has come. I must continue this at another time....

Sincerely, Kevin.

*****

7:14 AM, Tuseday. Homeroom.

Just Before First Period.

I've run into that girl again. I dare not speak her name, and I too dare not write it. For it is cursed.

She had a group of boys following her around again. I don't even think half of them were students. One seemed well into his 30's, dare I say. But all the same, they followed her around like ghost, unhindered by any higher authority. If that were an average girl, she'd be scared for her life.

But like I warned before in an earlier entry. That is no normal girl. She's a...

She's stepped into my classroom. I don't have a class with her!! Why would she do that!? And the teacher just let her on in ever so blindly, pointing her to a seat right next to me. I write this now with my heart pounding within my chest. Is she really planing on attending my homeroom!?

I can already feel her eyes gaze upon me. I dare not make contact with them. Like Medusa before her, I'm well aware of what's to become of me if I do....

I hate this predicament. Why must she best be seated next to me of all people?

I know for sure a guy sat next to me. Ever since school started, he's made that his honorary seating arrangement. I wonder what he'll have to say when he see's her in his chair. Yeah. He'll make her move.