Calm down, tigress! Or no! My ifrit.

'It's not about that, Mr.. Miss Linton, but you need to get out of here, if you want to or not. Go away. Now!' I commanded.

She crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes at me and then tapping her right foot. Then, she took her fan and hit me on my head.

'Mr. Linton! Behave yourself!' I ordered as I stepped back to save myself from another one.

'Then tell me, why are you here and what is it that you aren't telling me!' she said.

I did a cost-benefit analysis.

If I lie to her, she will probably not see the gravity of the situation.

And even though she is strong enough, I didn't want her to go back all the way on her own. Since I would need Karim anytime, I won't be able to send him too.

So she would have to hide somewhere here only and she will eventually find out. Then, she will bite my head off for not trusting her and lying to her.

It means I would have to tell her the truth.

So I told her.

'Mr. Linton, Lord Dalgliesh had challenged me to a duel and that is why I am here. And I want you to be out of his sight,' I stated coolly.

But inside I was somewhat sure that she would, as usual, disobey me.

She opened her mouth and then closed it. She repeated this and then shook her head as if trying to gather her thoughts.

'Mr. Ambrose, he was lying. He has planned something else. He cannot-'

I cut her off. We didn't have time.

'Whatever he does, you will stay away,' I said but she didn't seem to listen.

'Do you have Karim with you?' she asked and I nodded.

She swung her parasol and said, 'So we are ready for the battle.'

We? Is she crazy?

'Mr. Linton, I assure you there will be no 'we' in the fight. You are staying away from this and that's final,' I said in my most authoritative voice.

But did it affect her?

Of course not!

'I am coming with you. We will do it together. That's final.'

This woman was testing my limits again. I never understood how she managed to get under my skin.

I decided to count to ten to calm down.

10

'I am coming I don't know.'

9

'I will fight with you and do my job of protecting you!'

8

'Are you going to be quiet like this or say something too?'

7

'Okay then, stay obsessed with your silence while Karim and I will fight that bastard.'

6

'I take your silence as a yes.'

ENOUGH!

In one swift movement I bent down and swung over my shoulder. I carried her like that towards an old tree, big enough for her to hide.

I was never more grateful for her being this short. The way she tried to kick me, I realised that had she been a bit taller, I could have got a nice sharp kick in my crotch.