Arguments

Arguments

Sally smiled at Adam as he rolled his eyes over Watch's rambling.
"-and you see, if we keep going in this direction-"
"Watch," Adam interrupted, running a hand through his hair. "Stop."
"But,-"
"Stop."
He crossed his arms and mumbled something about not being able to survive without his intelligence.
Adam smiled at Sally and chuckled. "I think we'll be okay."
"What? Intelligence runs this world!" Watch exclaimed.
"Not true." Sally countered.
"So true." Watch argued. "Our world would crash and burn without intelligence."
"And our world is bored to death with intelligence."
"Please," Watch said, glaring at his two friends. "Fine, if you think you can do better without intelligence, lets see if you can last without me." He turned on his heal and stormed away. Sally turned towards Adam and he scratched the back on his neck.
"Do you think that was wrong?" She asked, watching Watch turn the corner.
"I think it's an opinion." Adam said. Her lip twitched as she slumped down in her seat. "Watch will understand where we're coming from." He watched her, the way her eyes flicked back and forth throughout the room. She chewed on her lip when someone walked past her. The guy brushed against her left arm, which was outstretched on the table. He sent an apologetic look over his shoulder before sitting on a stool at the counter.
"Sally," Adam interrupted, pushing out his chin, his ear towards her. "Are you paying attention?"
"I'm sorry, what?"
Adam sighed and fell back. "Never mind."
Sally looked at Adam as him played with phone. "We'll be okay right? Without Watch?"
"Intelligence isn't everything." He grumbled.
"But it's something, and he helps us."
"Are you on my side or not?" Adam asked, his voice low and annoyed.
"I'm not on anyones side." When he didn't respond, she huffed and slid out of the booth. "Text me when you get your attitude under control and your priorities straight. I'll be with Watch." And she turned and walked out of the diner.

(A/N) I'm so sorry it's been almost a year without me updating! And I'm sorry this is so short! Hope you like it though!