1

He was lost in thought. The library was full of students, and they were sitting in their usual spot, finishing their potions assignment.
"Draco?" Rhea said, pulling at the sleeve of his shirt.
Rhea Felton and Draco Malfoy were best friends. Rhea was a half-blood (pureblood father and muggle mother). This did cause a few issues with the two of them in the beginning, but they managed to overcome that, and become best of friends.

Draco snapped out of his thought, and stared at her.
"You are doing it again, Draco" she informed him, returning to her work.
"I was just thinking" He said.
"What about ?"she asked, pausing to look at him.
Draco shrugged, avoiding her gaze.
"Are you telling me or not ?"
"I don't think I have a chance with her"
Rhea looked behind her to see if Draco was talking about someone there. She only saw a few Ravenclaw boys there.
"Who is this mystery girl ?" she asked, turning back to face him. "You keep talking about her!"
He just smirked at her.
"Just shut up already !" Rhea said , beginning to scribble into her parchment again.
Her heart was beating a bit faster than a minute before.
Who was this girl Draco talked about?
She felt strange thinking about such a person.
"Earth to Rhea !"
Draco was waving his hand in front of her face.
"What ?" she snapped at him, feeling dazed for a moment.
"Maybe I should move on" Draco said.
"What if she comes around once she sees me with someone else "
He gave her an evil grin.
"Thats not the right way, Draco. You know that !" Rhea said, his dumb ideas annoying her.
Draco laughed.
He put an arm around Rhea, squeezing and pressing his cheek against hers.
"Such a goody-goody" he said.
"That I am" she said, breaking away from his strong grip.
"How about we date each other ?" he joked. Rhea's skipped a beat, even though it was just a joke.
"Go away, Malfoy" she said, putting a hand to his chest, and pushing him away.

                             * * *

Rhea sat on a couch in the Slytherin common room, her legs stretched out, and a book in hand. She read peacefully in the silence, not noticing the boy standing by her couch, watching her. She almost yelled in shock when he snatched the book away from her.
"You scared me DRACO !" she said, reaching out for the book.
He was quite tall, and he stretched his hand higher up, with the book.
"Give it back !!" Rhea whined.
"Alright, move over" Draco said, tapping her knee with the book.
"No" she said. "Go find your own couch"
"But I want to sit here !" Draco said, tapping again.
"Fine" she said, sulking playfully, pulling her legs a bit.
Draco sat, and she put her feet on his lap, grabbing her book back.
"I wanted to ask you something" said Draco, his eyes on her legs.
"OK, ask away" said Rhea, her nose back in the book.
"I was thinking of asking someone out" he said slowly.
"Is it ?" asked Rhea, peeping at Draco through her book. "Who ?"
"Someone who likes me a lot" said Draco, his eyes on Rhea, now.
"Name please"
"You may not like it" said Draco with a smirk. "But I wanna try, you know..."
He looked into the fire, and Rhea saw the fire dancing in his cool Grey eyes.
"Draco ?"
"Shes been all over me since first year? I don't know...and since the one I'm looking for is not showing any interest, I might as well move on "
"I'm waitingggg"
"Its Pansy " said Draco. "I'm asking her out"
Rhea stared at him.
"Pansy Parkinson ?"asked Rhea, her voice clearly revealing her shock.
"Thats her" he replied, touching her leg, not knowing what do with his hands now.
She pulled her legs off his lap, and stared at him. She drew in a deep breath and said, "Ok..."
Draco looked at his best friend as she stared at the fire silently.
"You mind ?" he asked.
"Why would I Draco ?" Rhea said, looking back into her book. "If it makes you happy, you should do it"
Rhea felt a strange ache in her heart. She had a certain hatred towards Pansy Parkinson. And imagining her best friend with her, well, didn't feel too good.
But she said nothing.