Chapter two

Bella headed to what her parents referred to as the music room. Ever since Bella learned piano in first grade the room had had a piano. It was connected to her bedroom. It had mirrors and a stereo when she started dance. The a spot for her trumpet when she started that in fourth grade. Her parents added a couch and video game set up for her and Sam. The whole room was for Bella's music. The walls were white and had her artwork and the floor was perfect for dancing. But today Bella bolted for her piano.

She let her fingers take over, playing a soft song filled with her emotions. Mostly sadness, worry and hurt. A melody her piano teacher would adore. She could sit there in the music room for days if food was provided. She didn't know how else to cope but with music.

About an hour passed before she stopped playing. She only stopped because her dad had come in with a bowl of soup for her to eat. She stopped and turned to him.

"Thanks dad." She said.

"No problem. I like listening to you play. It's amazing what you can do. Is Sam still coming over?" He asked sitting in the arm of the couch.

"I think so. If he comes and I'm still up here, tell him to just come up. We always hang out up here." Bella said weakly.

"Your mom got concerned when I told her you turned down making soup for your piano. I told her what Sam decided. Do you feel better now?"

"I just need to be alone. I will probably change into my dance shoes and work on my swan lake dance." Bella said.

"What ever makes you happy. If Sam comes, I'll send him up." Her dad said going to leave.

"Thanks again dad! The soup is good." Bella said before returning to her piano and pounding out some more melodies influenced by emotions