Chapter One

Chapter 1

"You are..." Miley pauses dramatically.

Miley Cyrus is this years guest judge in X-factor and she's horrible! She's constantly commenting on small things and tries to act like she knows what she's doing but she really doesn't.

I am currently standing on stage with nineteen other singers, waiting to see if we have made it through Bootcamp and to the Judges Houses.

We stand in anticipation as we wait for Miley to tell us if we're through or not. I begin to tremble slightly and bite lip nervously while twirling my dark purple hair with my finger. I stare at Miley intensly and see her open her mouth to speak again. Here it is.

"...Not going through to the judges houses. I'm sorry," she says in her annoying voice that I suddenly hate with a passion.

I'm the first to storm off stage in a rage.

I can't believe I didn't get through! I have waited sixteen years for this! I had practiced my audition so many times that I liturally know the song backwards! I worked my butt off for this and they didn't let me through!

My usually white-pale face is red from anger which contrasts greatly with my dark purple hair. I storm back to the room we had waited in and sit down.

I rake my hands through my hair, scratching my itchy scalp with my black painted fingernails.

The other singers I had been on stage with are slowly entering the room and sitting back down. Some look shocked, others look angry like me but most look very upset.

A camara crew soon runs into the room eagerly and look for people who might be interesting to interview. I snort in annoyance before glaring down at my combat boots.

They must of spotted my annoyance and quickly ran over to me.

"Zara how do you feel about your not getting through to the Judge's Houses?" a blonde bimbo asks me before sticking a microphone in my face and signaling for me to answer,

"Jus' peachy," I reply in annoyance, still glaring at my boots,

"Are you sure about that? Because you look rather angry and upset!" she presses,

"Oh I'm pretty sure! Nothin' puts me in a better mood than gettin' my dreams crushed by none other than Miley Cyrus!" I huff,"Now if ye will excuse me, I'm goin' to the loo," I stand up and storm off towards the bathroom.

I walk in and see Casey Plunket, a bleached blonde bimbo who sounds like a dying cat when she sings, making out with some other contestant called Max. I roll my eyes.

"Ah jaysus," I mutter darkly before coughing loudly to catch their attention. It works, "I don't know if ye realised, Max, bu' this is a girls bathroom! Oh and ye can both bog off an' snog elsewhere 'cause I ain't doin' my buisness while listenin' to you two suckin' eachother's faces!" I glare at them both.

Casey flips her hair stupidly,

"Since when have you been on bathroom duty?" she asks in the Canadian accent which she just makes sound horrible! She then smirks acting like what she said was smart.

I am so blown away by how stupid her comeback was that I just raise my eyebrow. Even Max steps away from her.

"You are so stupid!" I laugh,

"Yeah, Casey babe, you're a great kisser but I can't be seen around someone as stupid as you so...Max out!" Max smirks and walks to the door which I'm standing next to. He is about to walk out when he turns to look at me,

"You're hot. Call me sometime. Oh and I totally dig Irish chicks," he winks then walks out.

I gag dramatically. Casey on the other hand looks horrified,

"Max! Baby! Come back!!!" she shrieks while sprinting (well if you call stumbling quickly in six inch heels sprinting) after Max, leaving the bathroom.

I walk calmly over to the mirrors and see that my makeup is running! Aw God I look horrible!

I quickly wash all makeup off my face then begin reaplying it.

I put on loads of eyeliner around my eyes, black eyeshadow and mascara. I then put on extremely red lipstick and darker red lipliner before coating my lips with a special kind of lipgloss that keeps the lipstick from fading or rubbing off. I take out a brush and brush my shoulder-length wavy purple hair.

I walk infront of a fullength mirror that's on the wall and fix my clothes. I'm wearing a black offshoulder t-shirt that has 'Born To Die' written on it, a black mini skirt with purple netting over it and chains hanging from it, purple fishnet tights and my favourite black combat boots. I'm also wearing purple fishnet gloves.

Once I'm happy with my apperence, I leave the bathroom and walk back to the waiting room.

I'm still pissed that that Max dude commented on my coming from Ireland. I'm from innercity Dublin, Ireland. As anyone with a brain would know, it's skummy there. No further explanation needed.

When I make it back to the waiting room I see everyone listening intently to one of the backstage crew members. I swagger back to my seat and look to the crew member and listen in,

"-So can Dylan Dember, Ed Plywood, Zara Crowlie, Max Clint and Robert O' Conner please come with me" the guy says.

Me and four other guys stand up and follow the crew member.

Where the hell are we going? I see that Max dude is in our little group but I am not asking him where we're going! So I decide to ask a tall dude with dark green eyes and black hair.

"I missed most of wha' that crew member guy said just there. So..where we goin'?" I ask him,

"I dunno," he mutters,

"Righ'. Thanks. I guess," I grumble.

I walk slower than the others and lag behind the group.

"Miss Crowlie! Hurry up please! You must go onstage with the rest NOW!" the crew member huffed,

"Alrigh' alrigh'! Don't ge' your panties in a twist! Sheesh!" I grumble and climb on stage where the judges and others are waiting.

"About time!" Miley Cyrus sniffs,

"Freakin' bitch," I mutter darkly under my breath which earns a muffled laugh from either Robert, Ed or Dylan next to me.

"Anyway!" Taylor Swift intergects, "We have decided that we can't let such talented singers leave so..."

I look up at her. What?

"We're forming you into a group!" Taylor beamed.

Robert, Ed, Dylan and Max cheer while I stare at the judges in shock. They must be joking! X-factor has never formed a mixed group before so why now?

Suddenly I'm pulled into a group hug by Max. At first I try to pull back but then I relent. I'm still in the competition! I might win! Well, we might win! I begin laughing with them and hug them all back.

"You may leave now!" Miley demands which will no doughtedly be edited out of the show but we don't care!

We run offstage whooping and cheering as we go.

When we calm down we are ushered into a room with the other singers put through.

We all start chatting and I quickly learn that Robert is the tall quiet guy I had asked where we were going earlier. He is from London and he prefers being called Robby, Dylan is a short guy with sandybrown hair with one blue eye, one green eye, is from Liverpool and he loves Beyoncé, Ed is a really tall, skinny, ginger, freckly dude from Scottland and though he doesn't look it, is a major punk and lastly I learnt that Max is a flirty douche.

Well, what an interesting day.