“What?” He shrugged adorably, glancing down on me. I shook my head as if I can stop these thoughts from bombarding me.

“I was just kidding, mate. Way to go, Marcy-pants.” Edward managed to lift one hand off the box he was carrying and patted Marcel behind.

Marcel reacts awkwardly, and Edward chuckled, entering the gymnasium with his smirk, leaving us with our odd stares.

“So, good morning.” I smiled at him, tucking the strands of my dark hair at the back of my ear.

“Sorry about that.” Marcel avowed.

“About what, exactly?”

“Well, I wasn’t thinking when I told Ed that you’re going with me and—“

“You were right. I’m going with you. You asked me, right?” I teased him, linking my arm to his, which of course, surprised the both of us.

I wasn’t the affectionate kind. And he probably wasn’t really used to this type of cutesy stuff real couples do.

But then, so do I.

“Oh, Jamie. I’ve sent you a text message last night. Have you received it?” Marcel questioned out of the blue as we walked.

I had a feeling he would ask me this.

“Oh, that. Yeah. I-I fell asleep while I was doing homework and when I woke up, it was already morning.” I lied, avoiding a glimpse of him.

“So, that’s why you didn’t reply.” Marcel nudged without any hint of disappointment.

We were silent for a moment, just the usual creaks coming from our shoes, my forearm intertwined to his fairly skinny one, and I can sense in the hallway the familiar thrall of overly sweet fume of flowers that spring enamors.

My mind went back to the bet me and these hallway walls were keeping.

This is really happening.

“Marcel, I need to tell you something.” I piped out.

There’s no turning back.

“Hmm, what is it?” Marcel hummed; the normalcy of his tone is secretly shredding me to pieces.

I inhaled, preparing to burst out anything my mind could register out of my mouth, but strangely, a different voice erupted at us. We were both startled.

“Marcel? Marcel! I’ve been looking for you everywhere!” Mrs. Addams, the school’s Math club adviser scolded Marcel in a distance.

Her loud voice boomed all over the place, fragmenting echoes, and I can’t help but wonder where her voice comes from, as she has such a petite, but bulky frame.