Chapter Three

Yeaaaaah, I'm gonna go with Darryn's POV in this one. Just so you guys can get a feel for his thoughts. Thanks for the three people who put this story in their Library :) It means alot :)

Darryn POV

  As the movie played I xoned out and thought about the conversation I could hear in the next room over from mine. He was here, and I couldn't do anything about it. If I had said anything about my knowing of who was talking, Georgie would see a side of me I never want her to see. My no good dad was here, and he should be glad I haven't punched him in the face. Georgie never needed to see me angry, she didn't deserve that. My mother has to face that side of me alone, besides our maids and cook, she was alone with me and my angry self. Corvin, never has seen that side of me, but I rarely ever see Corvin. He lives with my grandparents in France. My grandparents thought that after my father had left us, she couldn't take good care of Corvin. I was old enough to take care of myself, but Corvin was only 4 at the time. He just turned 13 last May. I smile at the thought of my little brother, atleast I got to see him anytime I wanted. The movie had just ended so I gently moved Georgie off of me and went to changed movies. The second movie got halfway through when I felt tired, I immediately cuddled into Georgie. She turned over and faced my window, I then wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her towards me. I then relized that maybe I liked her. She was very pretty and had a great personality... What if this actually works? What if this arranged marriage works out for the better? I then felt my eyelids growing heavier and finally I dozed off. I've never had a more peaceful sleep then when I had my arms wrapped around Georgie.

   When I woke up in the morining I just layed there and watched Georgie sleep. She looked so peaceful, so sweet and innocent. She started to stir and soon flipped over and looked at me. I smiled at her and she smiled at me too. She didn't say a word she just snuggled closer to me, but then she pushed herself away and got out of my bed. I sat up and looked at her. "What's wrong? Georgie..." I spoke to her as if she were a little child, my voice soft as a kitten's fur. She looked at me with soft eyes and spoke, "I need to get ready. Right? You were going to take me to that creek." She remembered that? I should've remembered that.... but I didn't. "You forgot didn't you.... That's alright we don't have to go out there today..." She had hurt feeling, I could see it all over her face. I got up and walked over to her, and wrapped her in a big hug. I felt her crumple under my arms, and just sob into my chest. Now, I'm beyond confused... Is she crying because I forgot about the creek today?

"Georgie? Hey, don't cry," I picked her chin up and made her look into my face. "Smile, please? You're too beautiful to cry. Now what's wrong?" Georgie looked away from me and let out a sob. I picked her up in my arms and layed her in my bed. I sat down next to her and she looked at me. "I miss my mother. I just need to adjust to this, I've got to get used to all this." Her voice was small and fragile. I then heard a loud knock coming from downstairs, and wondered what it was. "Well, you go get dressed and ready. Then we'll plan out our day. Meet me downstairs when you're done. Ok?" She nodded her head and got up from the bed and then left my room. I quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a shirt. I slipped my feet into my Nikes and left my room. I walked downstairs and saw my mother talking to a guy who looked about 23. I saw him look over at me and I instantly got the feeling he didn't like me.

"Who's this mother?" My mother looked at me and had her infamous fake smile plastered on her face. "This is Logan Fuller. He's Georgie's brother, and he's going to be staying here until the wedding. Your school gave you a semester to study abroad, correct?" She said all this with her eyes going from me to him. "Yes ma'am, that's correct," He stuck his hand out towards me and then continued. "I'm Logan, like your mother said. It's nice to meet you." I shook his hand and told him my name. I heard footsteps descending the staircase and I turned to see Georgie. She looked comfortable in her sweater, which had a stag on it, blue jeans and boots. She was watching the floor as she walked down the stairs, but when she reached the bottom she looked up and saw Logan. Her face had gotten bright with excitement and she raced towards us. She threw herself into his arms and he spun her around. I heard her giggle and when she was finally sat down she had a huge grin on her face. I was suddenly jealous, jealous over her brother. "Logan! What're you doing here!? Oh, I've missed you!" Georgie exclaimed happily.

"Well, I've got a semester to study abroad. So I took it here, and plus mom thought it would be nice if you had a familar face around." Logan smiled at his little sister, and then glanced towards me. Georgie hadn't even acknowledged me being here. So I took that as excuse to leave. I went to the front door, walking right past them. Georgie happily talking to her brother and Logan pretending to not even see me. I would save her the trouble of me being here, so I left.