Part 7: Moving targets, I know why I hate archery...

"If I could have never have had you, I'd die without you." 

Tears streaming down her face as she grasped onto the fur that was in front off him.

"How could you do this to me!?" She screeched.

"I did it for you."

A sharp pain in her heart proved the words wrong as a knife was stabbed into her heart.

Crystal cowered underneath the table off in the kitchen, watching as her sister's lover killed her. Then she saw Thorin standing in the same position, twisting a dagger into her heart, with a maniac grin and sadistic laugh.

"How could you do this to me?" Crystal heard her own voice scream, but it came from her sister's body.

Thorin reverted back to her sisters lover and Crystal sobbed under the table.

"I did it for you." It was Thorin's deep baritone rasp that replied, Thorin's voice that had sent her head pounding in shock as the man turned and smiled at her, so evily.

"You're next darling, you'll always be next." He sneered, reaching under the table.

Before Crystal could react her father, her real father had pulled the man away and slit his throat in a blink of an eye and he fell next to her sister's dead body.

"Sarah!!" Crystal screamed and she crawled halfway to her before being pulled away and cradled by her father, clawing at the floor and then at him, begging Sarah to come back.

Crystal's P.O.V: 

"Thorin!" I groaned, lifting my head spotting Thorin, and I immediately noticed I wasn't lying in grass, so they did continue the journey with me unconscious.

"Aule Crystal, you scared me, are you alright?" Thorin asked, looming over me, worry etched into his features.

"I'll be fine Thorin, just, head hurts a bit." I moaned as a slight throbbing set and I reached up to rub my temples.

"We'll get Oin to bring you some tea-"

I cut him off at the mention off tea.

"No, no tea, last time you gave me tea I got sick!" I protested.

"That was an accident." He defended and looked at me with soft eyes.

"Ferin, where's my baby?" I asked, sitting up, with some help from Thorin. 

"He's out with Fili and Kili." I nodded and leaned against the.... wall?

"Wha? Where are we?"

"In a tavern not far from where the orcs attacked us, it's a place for us to stay while some off the others deal with the injured ponies." Thorin explained.

"Oh... are you okay now?" I asked, shifting back.

Thorin flinched but looked at me sadly.

"Crystal, if it's about.."

"I see you're fine then. Um..."

"We took back Erebor." Thorin offered as a coversation starter.

"I know." I whispered.

"Come on Crystal, I need you to talk to me. We need to sort this out."

"I'm scared okay! I'm scared!" I blurted. "What else do you expect me to do?" I paused. Thorin looked taken aback at my outburst and I reached out to grasp his hand lightly. "I'm still a kid Thorin, I don't know what to do."

"That's what worries me." He rumbeled, gripping my hand, giving it a light squeeze.

"That's probably why you brood half the time."

"I do not brood!" He sputtered with a small idgnant sound.

<Thorin>

"No you over think things and you think too deeply, namely brooding. Relax." She sent me a smile.

"Oh Mahal I sound like Balin." She said, rubbing her face.

"You're voice is much more pleasant I assure you." I assured.

"UNCLE WE'RE BACK!!" Kili yelled from outside the door.

"Make sure you're both decent before we come in!" Fili added before pushing the door open anyways.

"Mama!!" Ferin yelled, running into the room and climbing onto the bed.

"Woah there penneth, you need to be careful." She warned, picking him up.

"Master Thorin! Hello!" Ferin said to me with a grin. "Cousin Kili showed me how to shoot moving targets." He said.

I slowly turned to look at a sheepish looking Kili who was trying to duck behind Fili in an attempt to hide. I resisted the urge to go impale myself on The Orcrist and instead sent Ferin a large grin. 

"Indeed, I wonder what you used as targets?" He said, noticing Kili backing out off the room.

"Kili Durin what did you use as targets?" I asked before he could bolt.

"Um... nothing." He scratched the back off his neck, with an incredibly face smile.

"We used Bofur and Bombur, your majesty sir." Ferin said enthusiastically.

"Kili!!" I gave him a glare I'd like to call, 'I am not amused' glare and shooed them both away.

"So you and mama are going to get married?" Ferin asked, tilting his head to look at me.

"Um, it's up to her to decide." I said awkwardly. Wow, four years can change a dwarf. Who knew? (Well I did cause well, I'm the author) (Shut up Lady Chenelle get back to writing) (Fine!)

"Thorin, really now?" She asks me and I nodded.

"Yes now. So Crystal, I've loved you since the day I realised how much it hurt to lose you and that was the day we went to Rivendell, will you marry me?"

<Crystal>

Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap what the fudging THORIN!!!

"I, uh... yes?" I came out more like a question and I mentally kicked myself.

"Yay yay yay, mama's getting married!!" Ferin started jumping on the bed and I heard Thorin laugh.

Well might as well remember that sound, who knows when I'll hear it again.

I'm getting married.