Late night Guest.

After my bath I was at a loss, with no Zak around I wasn't entirely sure what I was suppose to do until morning. So I pulled out his laptop upon opening it I smiled seeing a small post stick note with his Netflix account details on with a small message -Cause I know you'll miss me. Z xx

The smile didn't disappear as I logged in and began searching their database on what I could watch. I decided to type in Ghost Adventures  and was impressed to see that they had episodes on there. Guess I'll be watching that this evening!

A flash caught my eyes making me look outside, I waited and the unmistakeable sound of thunder rumbled through the air. I slipped off the bed and walked to the window opening it slightly to hear the rain that had been coming down hard. I loved the sound of rain, also the smell of the earth after it had rained. It was so much different here than what it was in Vegas, Iowa had fields of green, trees and just nature, not fabricated nature what Vegas had placed in it.

The storm began to get worse making me pull out my phone and check the weather report, there were tornado warnings which instantly set my nerves on panic. I dialled Zak's number hoping he wasn't in lockdown as of yet.

When he answered I let out a small sigh "Hey."

"Are you okay?" I asked instantly looking across the hotel car park.

"Yeah, it's certainly changed right?"

"Yeah.. Are you guys safe? Do you need me to bring anything?" I questioned.

I didn't miss his small chuckle "I'm good sweetie, you stay inside, it's not safe for you to be driving around anyway. Or for Bacon to be driving, just in case you try and rope him into doing anything.. Aaron ring him."

"Zak.." I rolled my eyes.

"Just stay safe at the hotel, and keep my side of the bed warm."

"Did you take a jacket?"

"Kaylee, I'm in a manor all night."

"You aren't now, I can hear the plastic tarpaulin." I countered.He didn't reply making me worry even more.

I listened harder to hear the crackling on the line...

"Kayl- lo- fu- HELLO?!"

"Zak you're losing signal I think." I spoke clearly hoping he could hear me. Then his phone cut out, which helped... NOT!

I tried to ring him back for over an hour before I let out a frustrated growl tossing my phone on the bed. I couldn't go out in that, Zak was right, it wasn't safe. But it also wasn't safe that he was out in the middle of cornfields with all of it going on.

My phone pinged making me rush over and grab it, seeing the number I frowned but opened the message.

- We are okay. Zak is in lockdown now. He told me to text you once we had signal back. Billy.

I clutched my phone to my chest with relief, that thoughtful man!

I replied to Billy thanking him and to text me if there is any problems. I hoped he didn't text, that way I would know Zak would be fine and this would be another lockdown in the bag, but after todays events I had a bad feeling about the location.

......

I woke up around 3.45am, for no reason I sensed something was up. Grabbing my phone I looked at it to see if I had any messages, seeing none I placed it back down and rubbed my eyes. The curtains lifted up making me freeze in the bed but on closer inspection I realised I hadn't closed the window from earlier. Groaning at my stupidity and pure laziness for having to get up out of bed I got up and closed the window. Sleepily I turned and almost screamed seeing a tall dark figure filling the door way.

I laughed placing my hand on my chest "Jeeze you scared the life out of me then. You're back early." I yawned as I made my way over to the bed.

Zak stood at the door quietly, I figured he needed a minute so I got back into bed and waited watching him, I needed to know how he dealt with it all. If I have any sort of energy sensor and I wanted to pursue paranormal investigating then I needed to have better control of it all. My mentor would be Zak.

"Are you okay?" I asked after a few minutes scratching my neck. He tilted his head slightly, my eyes squinted trying to make out if he was holding anything or if he was even facing my way or the door. With the darkness of the room it was hard to tell.

"Do you wanna have a light on?" I asked.

With no reply I decided I could probably help if I understood what kind of condition he was in, so to make sure I pinched my skin.

Definitely awake.

I leant over to flick the lamp on when my phone went off looking down at it with my hand paused I saw Billy's name.

- When we get back, Zak may need some time alone. Something happened in the lockdown. Aaron will tell you in the morning.

I swallowed hard as I stared at my phone.

When. We. Get. Back..

If they aren't here then wh- Oh god.. Someone has broke in.  Play it cool..

"So everything go okay?" I asked trying to keep my voice from cracking. I flicked the light on and turned to see who it was. The door way was empty, the figure I presumed to be Zak was no longer stood there. Grabbing my glass of water I got off the bed and checked the bathroom. That was clear which left the wardrobe.. Preparing myself I pulled open the doors to find out clothes. I turned at a loss wondering what the hell was going on. I used the full length mirror to check if anyone was under the bed but that was clear. Confused, I turned on the lights and sat on the bed.

I was now all alone in the hotel room.