* ~ 5 ~ *

Year 1773

Gideon's POV

Where's the wall? Where's the door? Where am I?

"Looks like our little friend has finally arrived," I hear someone saying. The voice is stern and serious. You should never annoy a person with a voice like that. "Rakoczy..."

What is happening?

"Rakoczy, get him out of the cell."

Like magic, I hear a heavy-sounding door being pushed open. I can see a little bit of light coming from the hall. Rakoczy's face emerges from the shadows. He growls, which probably means I should follow him.

The count is waiting for me outside. He rubs his hands together, looking like he's planning evil stuff in his mind. I can almost see little devils flying and laughing on his shoulders. 

"What am I doing here?"

"Oh, you're going to fulfill an important mission that is going to change the future of the whole mankind." His wig wobbles dangerously while he is speaking. I stay silent. A spider creeps on the wall behind Rakoczy.

"Don't you have anything to say?"

I shrug. The Count's cheerful atmosphere drops immediately.

"Looks like you're not blessed with the present of speaking," the count says. Grumpy wrinkles appear on his face.

"One could say that," I answer to him.

The count sighs. "Well, maybe it's better to start right away."

*

I've worked for the count for the entire day, but I still can't come up with a clear picture of his plan. But I know it's evil. The Count is pure evil.

The windows are in an urgent need of a wash. They're letting merely enough light inside. I don't know how much time has passed after I got an apple to eat. But enough time for my head to be dizzy and my brain sore of thinking.

"Are you done with your task?" the count shouts. The voice echoes from the room behind the corner.

"Yes..." The count told me to write down every day when Gwen and I haven't elapsed to the same time period recently. And the days when Gwendolyn elapsed but I didn't, if I just could remember that.

7th of September 2016 -> 13th of April, 1892

15th of September 2016 -> 31st of May, 1899

19th of September 2016 -> 9th of November, 1913

2nd of October 2016 -> 18th of February, 1934

11th of October -> 21st of August, 1957

20th of October 2016 -> 23rd of October, 1968

The count comes from the other room, leans towards the table and looks at the parchments he gave me. I'm surprised he gave me parchment, it's expensive these days.

"Good, very good..." he mumbles. "You have done really great work."

I'm afraid what's going to happen next. 

***

Hello, I'm here again :3 I hope you liked this chapter even though I couldn't come up with anything to make it better.

Don't forget to elapse daily,

See you!