Chapter 13: Father

Start from the beginning

"It is way too quiet in here! Since we aren't talking about what just happened, let's talk about fathers..."

"Wanda!"

Peter's mom yelled at her to try to get her to stop, but she just kept on going.

"I actually read this book the other day saying that sometimes with mutant kids the father passes on his powers to his children, does that mean my dad has the same powers as me?"

"Or me?"

Peter chimed in curiously.

"No, your father doesn't have the same powers as either of you..."

Then curiosity started to get the best of you.

"Wait, what powers did my dad have?"

You immediately regretted speaking when you say your mother's sad look. The mention of your dad in your family was always sensitive.

"Y/n, he didn't have any powers..."

Then Peter's mother took a big gulp out of her cup.

"See Wanda you don't have to be a mutant to have mutant children."

Wanda fell back in her seat in disappointment.

"Wait, what about my powers?"

Lorna blurted out from the end of the table suddenly. Everyone at the table turned to her with wide eyes.

"Lorna, you don't have any powers..."

Peter's mom said to her in comfort.

"No, she does we figured it out last night in our room!"

Clare chimed in in excitement.

"Well, what can you do Lorna?"

You said in a curious tone.

"I don't know, if I should do it. What if it goes out of control..."

Peter took his little sister's hand in comfort.

"It's okay, Lorna you can show us."

Then Lorna hesitantly raised her hand up and closed her eyes in concentration. Suddenly, all of the silverware on the table was floating in the air. Then a couple of other things in the kitchen rose up as well. Your mother poked a spoon in that air.

"So, you can control silverware?"

You observed the situation further.

"What's all this stuff made out of? Maybe she can control that?"

Suddenly, Wanda bolted up in her chair.

"Metal! The silverware is made out of metal!"

Everyone at the table turned towards Peter's mom with wide eyes in unison. She sat there in silence not saying anything as Lorna let everything fall from the air.

"Mom? Is... is our dad Magneto?"

Peter said while stuttering a little bit. She took another big gulp of her drink. Everyone sat there waiting for her to say something. Was Peter's dad really Magneto? You started to think back to yesterday and how you met him. He wasn't that bad of a guy and he did remind you a lot of Peter. It would make sense. Then your mother broke the silence.

"Well, if we are coming clean about fathers..."

Your eyes turned towards your mother in confusion.

"What?"

"Your father isn't your biological father..."

"You're kidding right?"

"No I'm not I wish I was..."