Chapter Four

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait, it wasn't really my fault. My power cord broke and I had to wait to get a new one. Well, for it to be delivered, anyway. But you already knew that if you fanned (: Enjoy

-Maddison/Madeleine-Nicole/Margaret (thanks to my guy friends incessant nickname)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Four

          After a while, things went back to normal, Andrea still smiled at me in the halls, like nothing had happened, and I made sure I drank every morning. Telling my parents about what had happened was the hardest part, to me. They didn’t think much of it.

They didn’t have as much of a feeling of guilt every time they drank blood. They’d been around a while, they were fifty when they met, and held off on having kids. By now, they’d grasped the whole vampire thing.

          I walked outside, and saw Kale’s car there…oh yeah, tonight was a full moon. He always picked me up after full moons, and then we’d go to the grocery store.

          “Hey, Mays,” he winked when I sat down.

          “Hi, we going to go get food?” I asked, and he handed me a thermos.

          “Yeah, if you don’t mind,” he says.

          “Why would I mind? It’s tradition,” I laughed.

          “Yeah,” he chuckled, “I guess it is.”

          Once we were home, I finished the little homework I had, and then started reading the new book I bought. It had been weeks since the incident, but for some odd reason, I still couldn’t get Kale out of my mind. His sweet words and smiles haunted me throughout the day.

          Kale came up and sat on the end of my bed, saying goodbye.

          “Mays, I’ll see you in the morning,” he says, and I smiled, knowing it was Friday, and I could sleep in tomorrow.

          “Can I go with you? Please?” I begged.

          “No,” he said, sternly.

          “Ugh, why not?”

          “I’ve told you before, Mays, I don’t want you getting hurt.”

          “I’ll see you in the morning,” he kissed my cheek.

          He left and it pissed me off. He would be there for me whenever I needed him, but the minute I wanted to be there for him, he wouldn’t let me.

          I was going to go there, no matter what he said, I was going to follow him. I was going to be there for him, and I knew he’d be pissed, but he could get over it.

          I walked down the stairs, and saw my parents cuddling on the couch.

          “Where are you going?” my dad asked.

          “Oh, my friend, Jamie, she texted me, and asked me to come over for a sleepover,” I lied.

          “Oh have fun,” my mother said, and I went outside into the snow, completely forgetting my coat. I followed Kale’s size sixteen footprints, running using my vampire speed.