Chapter 35 - New Year New Look

Start from the beginning

"You look horrible." Everett said. It was supposed to be in a joking manner but I didn't find anything funny at the moment. Noah glared at him and he muttered sorry.

"So lets get to swaping gifts!" Jason said. So we did. Everett got me and Jessica the Katy Perry CD like he said he would. Jason bought be the newest Mac Miller CD. And lastly Jessica got me a cute shirt. I thanked them all and was ready to leave. I wasn't trying to be rude but I just wasn't in the mood for this. But Noah told me we should stay. So I have to stay.

Everyone's planning on going to a New Year's Eve party tonight and I don't really want to go. But Noah tells me that it will get my mind off everything that's going on so I agreed to go.

We all got something to eat and ate with very little conversation. When we all finished eating Jessica insisted on me going to her house so we could get ready for the party. I tried to get Noah to help me talk my way out of it but he said I should go and that I'll have fun.

So here I am now in Jessica's car on the way to her house. All the guys decided to go do whatever guys do.

"I'm giving you a makeover." Jessica smiled.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'm taking you to get your hair done, your nails, I'm taking you shopping and getting you an outfit for tonight too." She smiled.

"Jessica I have no money and I don't want you to spend your money on me." I said. She shook her head.

"You see I have a lot of aunts and uncles and they all had no idea what to get me for Christmas so they all got me money. Trust me I have enough money to give you, me, Noah, Everett, and Jason all a makeover so its all good. And you're my best friend. I'll do anything for you." She explained with a huge smile.

"That's nice Jessica but I don't think I want a makeover." I admitted.

"I promise when your done you're going to love it. I mean we are starting the new year why not have a new look?" She asked. I sighed. Maybe she was right. Maybe I needed some change. Maybe it will make me happier and more confident. I nodded and agreed with her. This is probably the first time I have ever agreed with her on something. We're opposite and I guess that's why we're best friends.

***

After getting blonde highlights in my hair, my toes and fingers done in a zebra striped pattern, getting my make up put on by Jessica, and being dressed by Jessica I was done. My hair was straightend and because my hair is so long it reaches to the small of my back.

Jessica made me wear a black long sleeved mid thigh length dress with leggings and black uggs. It was casual yet cute in my opinion. Jessica was wearing a little bit more revealing outfit. She had a skin tight red dress that was long sleeved and it was shorter than mine and was very low cut. Her blonde hair was in curls and she had red pumps on matching her dress.

I did feel more confident now with my new look. Well it wasn't exactly new but it was a lot better than what I usually wear and look like. I mean earlier I was wearing sweat pants and a baggy sweat shirt with my hair in a messy bun. I now look in the mirror and smile at what I see.

Right now I'm at Jessica's house hanging out while we wait for the boys to get us so we can go to the party. I am nervous about the party because every time I go to one it doesn't end well. But I want to stay positive because I want tonight to be fun. I've never been to a New Years party before and I hope its fun.

"So are you going to tell me about that ring on your finger?" Jessica asked smiling. I blushed slightly as I looked down at it.

"Its a promise ring. Noah took me last night on a date and he hid it in a red velvet cupcake and yea. It was pretty awesome." I explained. She smiled and grabbed my hand looking at the ring.

"Its so pretty. I wish Jason would do something like that." She pouted.

"What do you mean? Doesn't he do romantic stuff?" I asked. She shrugged and let go of my hand.

"We've only been on one date and it was to this restaurant but it wasn't romantic. I guess he just isn't the romantic type." She explained.

"Well the girlfriends he had before you like Lindesy were always more controling and they said were they went and what they did. You're not like that so I guess he really doesn't know what to do." I explained. She sighed.

"Really?" She asked. I nodded. "So what should I do? I mean I want him to do something romantic and sweet but I want it to be something he thought of not something I did."

"Well I can talk to him or get Noah to about it." I smiled. She shrugged.

"If you think it will work then it will be greatly appreciated." She smiled. I nodded.

"You're my best friend, I'll do anything for you." I smiled. We hugged each other but pulled away when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Jessica said. The door opened revealing Noah, Jason, Everett, and Justin. When Noah's eyes landed on me his eyes went wide with shock. I bit my lip. Jason went over to Jessica and well everyone was looking at me. Noah slowly walked over to me and observed me.

"Skylar," He said. "What-what did you do?" He asked as he touch my now highlighted hair.

"What? You don't like it?" I asked.

"No, no, Its just. You look different. A good different." He smiled. I smiled back and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks." I smiled. He nodded and pecked my lips.

"So should we get going?" Everett asked. We all nodded then walked out the house. The car only fit five people and there was six of us so I had to sit in Noah's lap to the party. Neither of us minded though.

"So are you excited to go to your first New Years party?" Jason asked Jessica and I.

"You two have never been to a New Years party?!" Justin asked in shock. We shook our head.

"Nope." Jessica said. "But I'm excited. What about you Skylar?"

"Yea." I smiled. Noah tightened his grip on me a little then kissed my cheek.

"I love you." He smiled. I kissed the tip of his nose.

"I love you too." I said then rested my head on his shoulder and then we were off to the best party I will ever go to.