Fallen Down

You never asked for this to happen to you.

You had fallen down a hole in the mountain, you were alone, and your sister was nowhere to be found.

This goat woman had saved you from this talking flower, and she had lead you further into what she had called, the Ruins.

Before you followed her, you decided to try and take a moment to collect yourself, and briefly work it through your head on what had happened.

_____________________

You and your siblings lived in a large city near Mount Ebott, somewhere in the mountainous range of the Rocky Mountains.

However, you hadn't always lived there.

Back when your parents were still around, you used to live in Tokyo. Your mother was a Japanese woman who worked at a nearby Elementary school, and your father was a successful business owner, who started another branch of his business, Parker Corp, in Tokyo. He already had a successful branch in New York City, and one in Miami, Florida. That was when he met your mother. The two of them ended up falling in love and married.

Ko, your older brother, was the eldest of the family, eleven years older than you and your sister. He grew up almost his whole childhood in Japan, and had not a single word of English spoken to him. When he was eleven, you and Anaya were born. However, once you and your sister were five, and Ko was sixteen, your family packed up and moved across the world, to America.

Both you, your sister and brother struggled to learn English, and struggled to make friends in school. Ko was constantly ridiculed by your father about his terrible English, and his life choices. Ko had wanted to start his own business, but your father insisted that he go to college and take over Parker Corp, and Ko didn't want that. Akemi soon came along as well, as the last child in the family, once again, eleven years younger than yourself. Ko went off to college, to study business, in hopes of being able to open his own business.

Soon after Akemi was born, your parents began fighting. They tried to keep it hidden, but you and your sister knew about it. You could hear the both of them yelling at each other late into the night. That was when your father began to ridicule you and your sister as well, mocking the way you both spoke, mocking your style choices, and even trying to threaten that he would put you both up for adoption. The fighting got worse, sometimes your father threatening that he was going to leave her, or threatening to kill her. Your father would leave the house often, sometimes not coming back for a whole week. Your mother tried to stay happy for you and your sister, assuring the both of you that everything was fine.

However, one day when you both came home from school, the house was eerily silent, besides from the wailing of your sister. This was odd, because you knew that your mother wouldn't have left the house without Akemi, and she wouldn't have left Akemi unattended for. When you came into the kitchen, you were greeted by an image that still scars you to this day.

Your mother. Lying in a pool of her own blood, and Akemi, in her high chair, crying her eyes out.

You immediately phoned the police about this, and they rushed to your home, but there was nothing the paramedics could do about your mother. She was gone.

Your father was shocked to hear about your mother's murder, but when you looked closely at him, you couldn't see a hint of compassion or sadness in his expression. Something about the carelessness in his eyes scared you. You told your sister about it, but it wasn't that hard for her to believe. The two of you had heard his threats towards your mother. However when you tried to tell the police about your suspicions, they would just wave it off, claiming that an esteemed businessman such as Taylor Parker wouldn't even DARE to do something like that.