Once Upon A Fantsy

Matthew, Quinn's eldest brother, yelled, "Guys come on! They are announcing the selected!" He turned up the volume on the small tv that they had and adjusted the antennae on top so that the signal was perfect.

"Finally! It took long enough." Luke, her twin, said with a laugh.

"I don't know why you guys even signed me up. It's not like I'm going to be chosen or anything." Quinn said with a smirk and eye roll then added in her head, it's not like I want to be picked.

"We just want the best for you. Plus your too good for these ole farm boys." Gavin said matter-a-factly."I call dibs on the couch!" He yelled with an arm raised and ran to the small blue leather couch.

Quinn didn't even bother trying to get a seat on the couch. Last time resulted in a sprained ankle. The other two brothers got their seats on the sofa while Quinn just sat on the hardwood floor in front of them. She felt a small nudge on her back, and looked back glaring at Gavin, who was always the guilty one of the three miscreants. 

"Good morning citizens of Illeá. This is Chuck, and I'm here with the wonderful Christine. Today is the announcement of the 25 ladies that will be attending the Selection that has been set up by the our very own King and Queen." The reporter's voice said sounding excited.

"That's right Chuck. Now let's see which lucky ladies have been chosen."

"Quinn, Quinn, Quinn!" Her brothers chanted.

"Guys! Chill out." She said annoyed. Quinn got up and went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water.  She came back soon after they started listing off the girls.

They began announcing names one by one. Name, age, and the province. It was alphabetical of province so Zuni was last.

"And last but certainly not least, Quinn Falon who is 17 and is currently living in Zuni." He said and began clapping loudly along with everyone who was in the crowd.

Quinn's eyes went wide and sprayed the water out of her mouth creating a mess on the floor. Luke, Gavin, and Matthew all jumped off the couch and embraced her tightly. "Congrats sis! You did it." Luke said with a chuckle.

"What?! What?! I wasn't supposed to win. If anything, Lyanna should have gone. She really wanted to go. Are you sure we can't just switch?" Quinn asked desperately.

"Quinn, you're going. We want you happy. This is your chance." Matthew told her seriously with a pleading look in his eyes.

Quinn had to give in. She would do it. For her brothers, she would do anything. "Okay. I'll go." She nodded and hugged her brothers back tightly. The brunette loved them more then anything. The broke the family hug with Quinn proceeding to clean up her small mess on the hardwood floor.

They went on with their day but her brothers had a happy skip to their steps. She did all her daily chores like collecting the eggs, weeding her section of the farmland, feeding the animals, and tidied up the house.

A loud knock was heard on the door. Quinn ran to open it already having an idea as to who it was.

"Quinn! Congrats! I'm so happy for you!" A female voice said and hugged her best friend.

Quinn hugged Lyanna back saying, "I wish you could come with. Then we could both have fun together even if the princes aren't interested in us."

"Don't worry, I know you will have enough fun for the both of us. Don't forget to write me! I'll be sure to write back. I'm going to miss you so much." She said sniffling a bit.

"I wish my mom would have said that before she left...." She said softly staring at the ground over her friends shoulder as she was a little taller then her.

Lyanna squeezed her gently and said, "You're about to enter a new phase of your life, that was way back when. I know it's hard but you have to brush past it. I'm here for you and so are your brothers. You can do this." She promised.

Quinn sighed and nodded, putting on a fake smile. Her blonde friend had no clue what it was like to be rejected by a parents, what it felt like to be disowned. "Thanks. Now, wanna help me pack?" She asked pulling a way and a sincere smile on her lips.

"Of course!" She nodded an grabbed her hand pulling her up the stairs to her bedroom that was a baby blue and white furniture. Her bedspread was an oceanic blue along with her lamp shade. They pulled out her red suitcase out of her closet and opened it up on her bed.

Lyanna ended up sleeping over, and they had giggles and fun and overall a blast. They didn't get to do this often but as a celebration, they were able to this once. Lyanna was the one who replaced her sister. She was her big ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. Her first star in the midnight sky. They fell asleep peacefully and woke up to a loud voice the next morning.

"Quinn! Lyanna! Wake up! The coach is coming in three hours!" Gavin yelled up to them interrupting their dreams. Quinn and her partner in crime jumped out of bed and began getting ready. Zuni wasn't too far from Angles so it was about a three of four hour drive.

With a simple bright blue dress, silver flats, curled hair, and light makeup, Quinn was finally ready to leave. Her brothers and Lyanna where standing in front of their long, winding driveway waiting for the carriage to arrive.

"Do your best." Matthew started. "You'll have a blast I know it. Oh! And don't forget to paint your heart out. Send some home. I'd love to see them." He gave her a warm embrace and a heartwarming smile. Quinn got her artistic skills from her oldest brother and learned everything she knew from his teaching.

Next up was her twin. She was always apart of him. "I'll miss you twin. You'll always be with me right here." He said and placed a hand over his heart. "Play that flute proudly and loudly. You'll impress everyone I'm sure." Quinn wrapped her arms around her favorite musician and kissed his cheek tears beginning to form in her eyes.

"If anyone of those princes mess with my older sister, I'll be sure to give them a pounding." He chuckled punching his fist into his opposite hand.

"I know who to call." Quinn giggled softly proceeding to hug her little brother. Sure, he exceeded her in stature but she always saw him as a little pipsqueak.

Finally, it was Lyanna's time to say her goodbyes. She was already in tears and hugged her friend tightly. They didn't need any words. She could feel everything she wanted to say to her with just a simple hug.

The the trotting horses came into their range of hearing, and they gave their final hugs and kisses on the cheeks before she climbed into the fancy carriage that seemed to be laced with gold with her luggage in hand. She said her thanks to the driver and waved at her entourage until she couldn't see them anymore.

Thoughts were spinning in her head. What would the princes think of her? Would she trip and embarrass herself? Would she make any new friends? First thing first, getting to the palace. A palace. Every little girl's biggest desire was to live in a castle. She and others had their opportunity now. This was the beginning of a new chapter. Once upon a fantasy..........

-----------------------------------------

I hope this was good! And tell me what you think? I enjoy writing these a lot so thanks very much LikeTotallyTubular you're amazing! ^-^    <3

~Epic ❤️