Chapter One

It was Friday the 13th. A normal day, you think? Well, for Lucas it was.
Lucas Hemmings, twenty-four years old, blonde hair, blue eyes, pure innocence.
Lucas is a great man. He was a good student back in school. He was even better in college. And now he was on his way to be the best psychologist of Gotham City.

Gotham City. Probably the worst place to live on earth. The city whose hero is the dark knight. The city whose worst nightmare is the Joker, the craziest and weirdest person all around the world.

But let's go back to Lucas. The young man was currently on his way to his new patient. Where? The prison.
Why? Well, let's say his new patient might be his biggest challenge of all. Because Lucas got assigned to meet the Joker and not only that. No, Lucas is honoured to be his personal psychologist. For the person who might will open up to the young man.

Lucas read everything about the crazy man, whose real name was actually Michael Clifford. A young man, just like him who thought his destiny is to kill people. Lucas was more than sure that this wasn't the right way to live and that's why he was there. To make the Joker a better person. Or at least to try it. No, it was his personal challenge to reach that, to really make him a better person.

With his hair slicked back and a black suit, he walked inside the prison. Lucas got greeted by the security guard with a small smile. Everyone knew why he was there and everyone had respect towards him.
"Good morning Mr Hemmings." the man named Hank greeted him. Lucas nodded, signed some papers for the following ID security card the man laid in front of him. Hank watched over them again before he nodded and gave him his security card.

"Good luck." were the last words Hank spoke to Lucas. He smiled weakly. "Luck has nothing to do with it. This is all about a lot of talking." he replied with a small grin and made his way towards the door.

Lucas took the elevator to the uppest floor. As soon as the doors opened, he stepped out, seeing another security man already waiting for him. He nodded at him before he showed him his card. "Mr Hemmings." he greeted him and unlocked the door to the only cell on the floor. Lucas took a deep breath before he stepped inside the room and saw the craziest man sitting on the other end of the room.

For a second, he just stared at the man who was sitting there. The air was cold, the walls of the room were simple grey and to be honest, it reflected the madness of the man that was inside it perfectly.

Luke's POV
"Lock it." I demanded to the man on the other side of the door. I was silent, I couldnt even hear him breathing. Michael Clifford, Gotham's number one psycho. I read everything about him. From his first appearance with not leaving more behind than a simple Joker card.
I read about the incidents with the dark knight called Batman. That he brought him to the prison after they finally had captured him. Yes, even about the bomb inside of one of the prisoners. I read everything what you can read about him.

And now I was here. It was still silent when I finally walked towards him. I pushed my glasses up my nose and got closer to him. His arms were tied up and I bet he couldnt even stand up. I recognized the green hair that was crazily hanging down. It seemed like it was wet but it probably wasn't. His face was still painted. I could see the clown mask from far.

Why was he doing this? Why was he wearing this when he looked so normal a few years ago. All those questions bothered me. They made me crazy to know the answer.

Finally, I arrived at the small table where he was sitting at and suddenly, he started chuckling. His voice was deep and it sounded dark. Nevertheless, I pulled the chair off and took seat.

I placed the file in front of me on the table and waited a moment. I wanted to say something, to introduce myself but he already started talking.

"Mr Hemmings, I was awaiting you." he grinned, finally his eyes daring to look up and he stared at me with an evil smirk.

- - - - -
I hope you liked the first chapter. I decided to take some parallels from the Batman movies as well. Heath Ledger was such a great Joker