Tyler nodded and whimpered, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? For what?" His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, taking Tyler's hand in his, feeling the boy shaking slightly.

He shrugged, "I don't know, I just-I don't even know."

Before Josh could respond, his mom walked in with ointment, wash cloths, a wrap, and pills along with water.

"Josh, dear, get the boy a change of clothes," She told her son, and got a washcloth that was damp and gently cradled Tyler's face, dabbing gently on his cut lip. Tyler winced at the pressure, and she frowned, "Hun, you know you can trust me right?"

He nodded, his heart beating faster than normal.

She took some ointment and carefully placed it on the cut on his lip, then cleaned the one on his eyebrow and placed some there as well. After, she told him, "And trusting someone means you'll be honest and tell them if you're in danger. I want you to be honest with me now; did your dad do this to you?"

He hesitated, but nodded shamefully, and said with a embarrassed tone, "Y-Yes."

She wrapped the boy in a hug. "Oh Tyler, you didn't deserve any of this. You're a sweet boy, did you know that? So strong and brave, I'm proud of you. You've been going through a lot, and yet here you are."

Tyler smiled slightly, tears falling, "Thank you."

-

Josh returned handing the boys the pajamas, he changed quickly and the two went upstairs to rest up, Josh gave his mom a thankful kiss on the cheek, he was glad she was nice to Tyler, he overheard their conversation and knew she would do something about this.

By the time they were upstairs, Tyler and Josh were exhausted. They laid down in bed and kept a rather big distance between each other, unlike when they usually slept together. Neither knew the other wanted to be cuddled up like normal.

Suddenly Tyler asked in confusion, "What's that?"

Josh looked where he was pointing and blushed noticing it was the bracelet he was wearing. He lifted his sleeve, showing the full charm and Tyler's face fell, eyes casting down at his fiddling fingers.

Sighing, Josh just laid down, turning on his side. He wanted Tyler, he wanted to protect him and to be with him. To show him how much he loves him, to be there for him unlike before, because he messed up so much. Enough to know what not to do, and now he knew how to treat Tyler like he should be treated.

"I love you Josh."

Josh's eyes snapped open, and he turned to face Tyler, who was also on his side, hands tucked under the pillow and a sad smile on his face. Josh smiled in return,
"I love you too Tyler."

"I'm scared," Tyler admitted with a quiet voice. Josh asked why, and Tyler moved a bit closer, missing Josh's warmth and safety. "What's gonna happen with my dad?"

"Well," Josh started, unsure if he should tell the truth. Tyler obviously loves his dad, but in the end, Josh told him honestly, "He'll be arrested, I'm not sure for how long, but a very long time, that's for sure."

Tyler was quiet for a bit, and he placed his head on Josh's chest, listening to the beat of Josh's heart. It was so soothing and he closed his eyes, "Where am I gonna go?"

"I'm not sure," Josh sighed, running a hand through Tyler's wavy, brown hair. Leaning his head on Tyler's, "But, we'll figure it out."

"What if I have to go in a foster home? We'll be so far from each other. I don't want to move away. The only close one is 2 hours away," Seeing Josh's raised eyebrow, Tyler admitted, "I looked it up, I-I was afraid this would happen."

"Even if you go to a foster home, I'll stay with you." Josh grinned, pressing a soft, gentle kiss to Tyler's lips.

As Tyler and Josh laid down, Josh sung quietly, a familiar song, "Oh star fall down on me, let me make a wish upon you. Hold on, let me think. Think of what I'm wishing for. Wait, don't go away, just not yet. Cause I thought I had it, but I forget."

He pressed a kiss to Tyler's forehead, seeing him smiling, and continued, "And I won't let you fall away, from me. You will never fade and I won't let you fall away...from me. You will never fade away from me."

Tyler closed his eyes, listening as Josh continued singing to him. His voice so soothing, causing Tyler's stomach to erupt in butterflies, "And now I let my dreams consume me, and tell me what to think. But hold on, Hold on. What am I dreaming? Wait, don't go away. Just mot yet. Cause I thought, that I had it, but I forget."

"And I won't let you you fall away, from me." Josh glanced down at Tyler, voice cracking as he sang, "You will never fade away. I won't let you fall away.... you will never fade away."

Tyler looked up, pressing a kiss to Josh's lips, letting out a shaky breath, "I love you." A memory flashed through Tyler's mind, and he laid down grinning into Josh's chest, whispering, "Goodnight boyfriend."

A smile appeared on Josh's face, as he whispered, "Goodnight boyfriend."