Ch. 23

In class, Tyler wasn't paying attention like usual. However, when the teacher began assigning partners to do a worksheet with definitions, he heard his name called and he was partnered with Jade; great.

He didn't attempt to move, and saw how Jades friends were whispering about him to the girl. He sighed and Jade nervously made her way over, casually sitting next to him and they waited for the books to be passed out.

After a few minutes of silence, she asked quietly, "Do you need a paper?"

He shook his head, going to his quiet state. Jade frowned, however she didn't say anything and finished her work. When they were told to put the books back, he grabbed it and walked to the shelf, but before he could sit back down, he overheard these two guys talking about him. One of them snickered, "I heard he's gay, what a typical emo."

The other one laughed, "He probably slices his wrist, what a freak!"

Tyler tried ignoring it, but when he turned to leave for his seat, one of them roughly shoved him, causing the brown haired boy to stumble back and hit his side against the shelf. Everyone heard him hiss in pain, and suddenly Jade glared at the two boys and stood up, "Hey! What the hell are you doing?"

"Nothing princess, just handling the wuss," One smirked, motioning to Tyler.

"Enough, you two boys, office, now!" The teacher exclaimed, glaring at the two. They groaned, but walked out and the tea her told the class, "I'll be back, Tyler do you need to see a nurse?"

Tyler shook his head, and the teacher nodded before leaving the class. Everyone chatted as soon as he was gone, and Jade crouched down beside Tyler, asking, "Are you alright?"

"Leave m-me alone," He said, trying to sound tough but the pain in his side was unbearable, that it came out like a whimper.

She sighed, and grabbed his arm, helping him stand, "I'm sorry okay? I heard Josh and you are dating, was...did I kiss him when you two were together?"

"No," He mumbled, confused as to why she apologized.

Jade led him to the table, helping him sit and took a seat as well. "That's good, I was worried you were. But, I'm guessing you liked him and I hope I didn't make things harder for you. I just really liked him.."

He noticed her sad tone and couldn't help but feel pity for her.

"I understand," He told her softly, not use to speaking to anyone during school. It's like Josh helped him grow out of his shell, and Jade noticed.

She smiled, "I'm glad you're together, because you seem happy. I did judge you when I saw you at first, but....it was wrong and I-I was hoping we could be friends....? Or at least somewhat? I promise not to flirt or try to get with your boyfriend."

Tyler's eyes widened, she wanted to be friends with him? He eyed her suspiciously, "This isn't some dare or bet, is it?"

A actual look of offence appeared on her face, "I may have tried to get with Josh, but I promise, I'm not a complete jerk! I would never do that, I swear to you."

He nodded slowly, "O-Okay, we can be friends."

Jade grinned and began questioning him about dating Josh and what it was like to not have many friends, but made sure he wasn't offended by the questions first. Tyler was glad he had a friend other than Josh, it made him feel social, which was new to him.

-

When school came the next day, Josh wen't over to Tyler during science and took his seat, turning to him, "Hey,"

"Hi," Tyler said, confused cause they never just greet each other like that. He saw the nervousness in Josh's eye's and asked slowly, "Are you okay?"

"Do you wanna go out? Like, on a date?" The redhead replied, getting straight to the point.

Tyler's eyebrows shot up, and he chuckled sheepishly, "Um, o-okay. When?"

"Saturday," Josh said, more relieved then he was before, because Tyler said yes.

-

Once Saturday came, Josh was almost sweating buckets while picking out his outfit. He knew where they were going, but he was unsure about what to wear.

"Aw, is my brother having gay lover troubles?" Jordan chuckled from the door way. Josh groaned, and Jordan sighed, "Go with the blue button up and black jeans, wherever you go, it would look nice."

"Um, thanks." Josh smiled.

-

Josh didn't have a car so the two boys walked to the location. Both were fine with it, since that meant more time together.

Finally, they reached the park and Tyler looked around confused, but before he could say anything, Josh dragged him towards the lake, leaning them towards the bridge and Tyler's eyes widened, seeing a blanket laid out.

"I wanted our first date to be special, and you deserve all of this, cause you deserve the world. Since I couldn't give you the world, I'm hoping this would be enough," Josh said with a smirk, placing a kiss on Tyler's red cheeks. "I'm so cheesy."

Tyler nodded in agreement, but pecked his lips, mumbling against them, "But it's cute, I love it."

The couple sat down on the blanket, and when Josh took out their food, Tyler felt his stomach churn. Josh noticed, but placed the food on the plates and gave Tyler a very little amount, only a few grapes, a corner piece of sandwich and a couple chips.

Tyler took the plate with shaky hands, and Josh pleaded, "Just try? You don't have to eat it all, I just want to know you're attempting to eat, and that would make me the happiest person in the world."

With that, Tyler took a grape and slowly began eating. He only ate 2 grapes, 3 chips and a small bit of his corner piece sandwich, but that caused Josh to grin and give him a kiss, so it was worth the stomach pains.

The kiss escalated a bit, and Josh pushed Tyler down gently on the blanket, moving his lips frantically against the shorter boys. Tyler was shocked, but placed his hands around Josh's neck, and gasped when he felt Josh's tongue on his lower lip.

Josh didn't know what he was doing, but he assumed it was the right thing to do, because he heard Tyler moan quietly, their tongues rubbing against one another and Tyler playing with Josh's hair made the redhead shiver slightly.

He moved his hands to Tyler's hips, tracing small circles at the skin after lifting his shirt slightly, Tyler's breath hitched, breaking the kiss slightly, but Josh nibbled his bottom lip, and Tyler was sure his boyfriend had done this before.

It lasted a while, but when Josh's hands lowered a bit, Tyler pulled away and mumbled, "No, not y-yet."

"S-sorry," Josh panted, breathless and turned on by the way Tyler's voice sounded. Both had swollen lips and messy hair, they obviously were making out and anyone would notice just by looking at them.

Tyler nodded, "It's fine, I....I just don't wanna-you know-yet..."

"We won't, I'll wait." Josh maybe was a bit eager to advance up in their relationship, but he knew it was too soon. They just got together a month ago, and he wants to say 'I love you' before having sex, it just seemed more romantic and nice that way.

"Thanks, you're so perfect," Tyler yawned, and Josh laid down on his back, the brown haired boy snuggling into his chest and sighing contently.

These were the moments with Josh he loved.