Captured

I started to regain my senses. Slowly, I opened my eyes.

"What the?" I muttered to myself shocked. Where am I? I began to panic. All I saw was a room with the purple wallpaper torn off the walls, as if someone had torn it off with their own nails. One one side of the room was a window. Next to the window was a steel door that had no handle and slid open.

An eerie, white light suddenly turned on and blinded my eyes, then it shut off again. Slowly, I got up and stumbled over to the window.

Maybe I could break out through here, I thought. I tried to activate my Pak, but only sparks came out. Then it started to malfunction. I was covered from head to toe in electrical volts and I screamed in pain. Smoking and lying on the ground, I was temporarily paralyzed.

Tears of agony rolled down my face as I started to remember what happened. The store, the crowd, the puddle, the police men, the big reveal.

The truth, I said to myself. Once I could get up again, I dusted myself off and looked through the window. It was too dark to see anything at all. Then I turned my head to see my Pak.

"It must have been damaged by the water," I muttered, then sulked over to a dark corner of the room. I slunk down onto the floor and wrapped my hands around my knees. The silence was unbearable. Never had I ever felt so afraid, so alone. A sudden thought came to mind; if my Pak was damaged, why hasn't my life-clock come up yet?

The faint echo of footsteps broke my thoughts. Then I could make out two voices mumbling to each other. Two tall figures stood in the darkness, facing my direction.

"Here is our latest test subject," a man with a heavy accent spoke, "We have yet to see if it really is an extraterrestrial, but I am just about to do some tests on it."

"Tests?!" I exclaimed even though I knew they couldn't hear me. To my surprise, both figures fell silent and stared at me.

"Yes, tests," the man said darkly. My antennae drooped down, and I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. He meant it.

"We shall start now," the door slid open and left behind an eerie smoke. Once the smoke cleared, it revealed a tall, wicked-looking man in a lab coat. He had messy blond hair and steampunk goggles. One of his eyes were messed up and had stitchings on it. Black vertical lines were painted under his eyes, making him look even more crazy.

I bit my tongue to hold in a shriek of horror as he stomped up to me and grabbed my wrist. His grip was painful and I thought I heard my wrist crack. The man was tall enough to lift me up in the air and let me dangle. We walked out of the room and into what looked like a lab. He slammed me onto an autopsy table unmercifully and shined a light down on me. The light blinded me.

"Too bright?" he asked me in a fake soft tone. The light started to weaken and I opened my eyes. The man was smiling at me insanely. Metal clasps wrapped my arms and legs tightly and held me down on the table.

"W-who are you?" I dared myself to ask. The man stared into my eyes and stood straight up and spoke, "I am Professor Isacc Witchdocktor, and this is my assistant, Caroline Johnson," he gestured to the lady that had walked in with him, "We are scientists of the Membrane Science Foundation,"

Membrane! I screamed in my head, that's Dib's last name! Isacc noticed my jolt of excitement and stared at me confused.

"What?" he asked me. My antennae twitched and I stuttered, "N-nothing. It's just... I had a friend with that last name..." Isacc put on a smirk on his face.

"Why am I even explaining this to you? I'm wasting time." he scoffed, then pulled a scalpel off a table covered in surgeon and dissection supplies. I screamed shrilly and started to try to get out of the clasps. I writhed and squirmed, but it only left me tired. It seemed the more I moved, the tighter the clasps became.

Isacc laughed insanely, still holding the scalpel. Then he started laughing uncontrollably.

Caroline walked up to him from the corner of the room and put her hand on his shoulder.

"Professor, the test." her feminine voice spoke. Isacc's menacing laugh was reduced to just a small giggle and he looked back at me.

"Oh, heh heh, right. Heh," he said calmly and he raised the scalpel in front of me.

"It's over, alien scum..." he whispered to me, then dug the scalpel into my torso.