The Mission

A cold, small hand jabbed me harshly in the side.

"Master! You're sleeping again," Bug's voice rang and made my antennae twitch, "And you're late for Skool!"

I shot off the couch like a bullet and tripped on the floor. Quickly, I dragged myself across the floor to the window. The sun was already high up, and a nearby clock said it was 11:32.

"Gah! Oh no no no no no no!"

With all the speed I had, I morphed into my disguise, grabbed my book bag, and pushed through the doors to the shop.

A freezing wind shot into my face as I ran. My legs were aching, but I didn't care.

A sharp turn came up ahead of me. Two people were peacefully walking until I accidentally slammed into them trying to make the turn.

"Sorry!" I shouted back to them while still keeping my legs moving. I had to get to Skool; I could be missing important information on what I could do to get some sort of material to support the Irken Empire.

Just when the Skool was coming up before me, I noticed I couldn't stop myself from running. The wall was coming up fast.

"Agggh!"

SLAM!

The wall crushed my face with such power, that I stayed glued to the wall for a few seconds, then I felt myself slowly slide to the ground. Next thing I knew, I had a mouthful of grass. Holding my head and getting up, I stumbled to the giant doors of the Skool, only falling once or twice.

I shook my head and started to run to the classroom. The door bursted open signaling my arrival.

"Sorry I'm late, Ms. Bitters..." I said breathlessly. The whole class was staring at me, including Zim. Dib was leaning over from the edge of the class to look at me.

"Take a seat, Pib." Ms. Bitters spat.

Slowly, I marched to my desk, aware of the student's gazes on me. I sat down at my seat. The students had taken their eyes off of me and they looked to the front of the class at the teacher.

Once I was sure their attention was drawn off of me, I leaned over to whisper in Dib's ear.

"Dib, did I miss anything?" I asked.

Dib merely shook his head and muttered, "No, just something about brain-eating pigs."

"Oh." I sat there, quiet for a minute, and fiddled with my pencil. Dib just sat there, glancing at Zim a few times.

Zim sat there and played with the controls of a device I'm guessing he built. I wasn't sure how he still wasn't noticed. Then he stood on his seat and waved his hands at Ms. Bitters.

"Yes Zim?" she croaked. Zim put his hands down but still stood on his chair.

"Ms. Bitters, I must use the restroom." He said. Ms. Bitters excused him from class and he marched out the door.

"I know he's up to something," Dib muttered when he was gone. He stood up to face the class.

"Did anyone not see the device he was holding? He could be up to anything!" he yelled the children.

"You're crazy!" One of the students shouted out. Dib's eye twitched a little. Slowly, he crouched back into his seat and turned around.

"No he's not!" I slammed my fist on my desk. Dib, alarmed, shot up at my fury. I whipped around to face the class, my eyes blazing with anger.

"Dib is a smart kid and deserves respect, not your awful treatment." I hissed, but the kids started to laugh and point at both of us.

"I guess his girlfriend is just as crazy as him. Bahaha!" One of them shouted over the laughter. Kids started banging on the desks and pointing at us. Dib tucked his head under his arms. He looked almost on the verge of tears. I patted him on the back and leaned closer to him.