FOUR||Nightmare

december 12/13, 1983
When Cassandra arrived at the mansion she went straight to her dorm and laid face first on her bed thinking about the good things thay today has brought.
She hadn't done something fun in a while. But unfortunately this good day was coming to its end as the sun slowly settled.

That night Jubilee and Cassandra talked until Jubilee fell asleep. Cassandra on the other hand seemed to not be tired at all.

After staying awake for a little while she eventually drifted off to sleep around midnight.

That same night Jubilee was awoken by a scream that left Cassandra's mouth, Jubilee went over to look at her but her eyes were still closed. She placed a hand on Cassandra's forehead and she was hot and sweating. Cassandra kept shifting underneath the duvet.

Jubilee knew what was going on because she had experienced it before, a couple days after Cassandra's arrival she has had a bad dream, a really bad one. Cassandra had to literally scream herself awake.

Cassandra screamed once more and seemingly woke up Scott because he swung the door open. "What the hell is going on?" He whispered. "Just find the professor, anyone, really! Find someone who can help." Jubilee instructed Scott whilst freaking out. With that Scott ran out of the room to seek for help. Even Kurt bamfed into the room to see what was going on.

In Cassandra's dream was a young woman who for some reason was associated with the colour purple. She was angry, really, really angry. She was looking for the professor. She killed everyone in her way and piled up dead bodies to find him, why she did this was not clear. When the woman came to the X-mansion she killed everyone who tried to stop her. Her hands drenched in blood and somehow she was able to block all telepaths in the school including the professor. Alex tried to stop her by sending an optic blast her way but she easily dodged it which ended up in Alex being killed. Cassandra saw the whole scenario happen but she could not budge she could not move at all. All she could do was look and see people she knew being slaughtered by the lady in purple. Cassandra tried to scream, but nothing happened, she tried to scream so loud but just nothing came out.

Jubilee was still in her room with Cassandra while trying to wake her up. She was now screaming so loud she must have woken up everyone on campus. Jubilee could hear people talking and doors creaking open.

Scott came rushing in with the professor. Immediately his hand went to the temple of his face and his expression changed drastically. He seemed to feel her pain, her fear and her sorrow all at once, but above all he could see himself being killed by the lady in purple who he immediately recognised, Psylocke.

The professor called out her name in order to try and wake her up. When she finally did wake up she shot straight up and her breathing was heavy. Her dream felt so real, it was almost like she was really there. So when she saw the professor in front of her, alive and well, she let out a sign of relievement. Her body was still shaking.

"What did you see?" Jubilee asked Cassandra. "I- I saw... a woman, she was wearing all purple... she had- she had a weapon... a purple sword or something. She was here to kill the professor." Cassandra stuttered whilst trying to catch her breath.

"Cassandra, it could be just a dream." The professor said trying to calm her down. "No! No, it felt real." Cassandra said, her body violently shaking every time she exhaled. "I know, just try to get some more sleep, okay?" Charles said to Cassandra and he cupped the side of her face, she just nodded. With that the professor left the room. Now she was left with three shocked faces staring at her.

"I'm fine." Cassandra said, "It's not the first time something like this has happened." She added with a weak smile. "Are you sure you are fine?" Kurt asked her, he had gotten totally startled when she started screaming in her sleep. Cassandra nodded.

Jubilee sat down on her bed and Cassandra looked at the clock. It was half past five in the morning. "You guys should probably go back to sleep... School tomorrow." Jubilee said ushering the two boys out of the room.

It took Jubilee only a few minutes to fall back asleep. Cassandra wasn't sleepy at all, she seemed to be wide awake and she did not want to have a nightmare again so she thought it'd be best to just stay awake and wait for the sun to rise.

And so she did. By the time Jubilee's alarm clock went off Cassandra still hasn't closed her eyes. Cassandra had already dressed herself up for the day while Jubilee seemed to not want to get out of bed.

Cassandra was wearing her favourite dress, it was red and it had white flowers on it. The dress showed a lot of leg, she considered her long legs to be her best feature so she loved wearing short dresses. She wondered if there was a dress code in this school, 'cause if there was she had probably broken it many times.

"You look chipper for someone who was just haunted by her dreams." Jubilee remarked. "I've gotten used to it." Cassandra lied and smiled weakly no one could get used to seeing horrible things happen right in front of them and not being able to do anything but watch.

Jubilee stood up and went to the closet to look at her clothing options. "What are you going to wear to the Christmas formal, Cass?" Jubilee asked Cassandra whilst she was still looking for her outfit. Christmas prom? Was that really a thing they did here? " Excuse me? Christmas formal?" Cassandra asked confused. "Yeah! We have it every year! It's so much fun, you can bring a date if you want, although, I go with Jean every year seeing as no one has asked me." Jubilee said and giggled, "They have a lovely dinner, and afterwards there is a party with good music." Jubilee continued. "When is it?" Cassandra asked her. "Thursday, next week." Jubilee answered. Nine days 'till the formal, why did no one say anything? Was Jubilee pranking her.