Chapter XIX: Pranks and Paybacks

Start from the beginning

Enough to continue learning the sport behind her back.

Unfortunately for me, Andrew had caught me training one day, and he threatened to tell Anna all about it if I did not obey his every word from that day forth.

And it was from that day that my slavery to the high and mighty Andrew had begun.

One of my duties was to bring him mint and honey tea at 06 00 hours sharp every morning in his bed. Throughout the day, I had to complete his every chore and fulfil his every whim with a smile on my face, as if I were his personal manservant.

However, because of Jules' brilliant plan, all that was going to change today.

He yawned now, turning over as he sleepily opened his eyes, his vision focusing. He instantly scowled when he realised it was me.

What a pleasant start to a new day! It was all I could do to keep my face neutral.

"It is about time you came, you little weasel," he grumbled, scooting up to a sitting position to lift the tea cup from the tray I was holding, "what time is it?"

I shot a quick glance at my timepiece. "It is a quarter past six in the morning."

"A quarter past six?" his eyes bulged, "you are to bring me my tea at six in the morning exactly! Did you oversleep again, you worthless idiot?"

I am the worthless idiot? I wanted to laugh, says the man who cannot not even complete his own chores and needs to blackmail his younger brother into doing them for him.

"Nay, Brother-mine," I shook my head, putting on a pensive expression, "the tea took a little longer than usual to boil. I am sorry I am late."

He could not find fault with my tone or expression. He narrowed his eyes, suspicious. Usually, I would burst out at him whenever he called me a worthless idiot.

I swiftly arranged my features into a scowl. "You may want to drink that before it gets cold," I snapped at him, "I do not have all day."

He grinned, satisfied. "However, you have to wait all day if I wish it, brother dearest," he hissed softly, "because I can tell Sister-mine about your training anytime I want to."

My fists clenched, but I forced myself to stand still, as I counted down the moments in my head.

Three.

He lifted the cup to his lips.

Two.

He slowly sipped the tea, taking care to taste every drop.

One.

His face morphed into a disgusted, menacing scowl.

"Ew!"

He dropped the cup at once, spilling the tea all over his night robes, revolted. "What did you put in my tea, you -"

Before he could finish, I swiftly emptied the whole pot of tea on his head, and burst out laughing, as the stench of dog urine began to saturate the air in the room.

"Smelly brother dearest, I would suggest you wash up soon. You are beginning to stink up the entire Manor," I smirked and sprinted out, hearing him leap out of bed and chase me out of the room.

Operation Fireball, Phase 1, completed.

***

The Lady Knight: Operation Fireball, Phase 2

"Joseph Matthew Borealis! I will murder you, you bloody - "

The sound of a tea cup shattering on the marble floor pierced through the silence at dawn.