The morning after

Zack POV

*The Next Morning*

After the incident last night, Koda saw it wise to leave. To say I was sad is an understatement. I couldn't even find it in me to walk him out the house. I had tried saying how sorry I was for putting him through that, but all he replied with was,

"It's okay Zack, we all have memories and sometimes they can be so strong that we don't know how to hold back" Which was followed by more hugs and a reassuring smile.

Waking up wasn't the best feeling though. I could tell my hair was a mess, my face was covered in dry tears. My body was numb as I got up and did my morning routine, throwing on a pair of black jeans and white v-neck.

As I made my way downstairs, I couldn't help the smile that started growing as "Dream On" by Aerosmith blasted through the house. Going into the kitchen to find my mother dancing and while making some eggs. She turns and smiles at me, then starts singing, more like attempting a scream, as the chorus starts playing.

I laugh and join in, doing my best to hit the notes even though I'm sure we sound like dying moose. I can feel pressure from last night start to drift away. Remembering times like this; mornings as a little kid dancing with my mom and being silly like a normal child should be.

The happy mood continues as we eat together at the counter. Talking about what ever comes to mind and old memories before things went to shi*t.

The morning goes by fast and I soon find myself in my office doing my "homework"... even though I'm really just scrolling through youtube videos one by one. I find myself lost as I start recalling what happened last night.

I sigh loudly to myself. I was such an idiot for crying in front of Koda. I know I can't control my dreams but still, I feel so guilty about it. I groan and start to day dream again, however the sound of the front door opening, followed by the sound of Koda's strong voice pulls me out of my trance. I pray that he just forgot something last night and is just coming to get and then leave.

Unfortunately, the sounds of heavy footsteps coming up the stairs grows louder and louder until I hear a knock on the door.

Fuck.

AN: hey guys I'm finally writing again. 78K! Omg! Thank yall so much. Sorry this chapter was short but I had a little trouble continuing the story after being gone since May hehe... tell me what you think of the chapter in the comments!!!