Chapter 4

'I'm home Gramps!' I shouted from the hallway, placing my school back in the corner of the porch. I didn't bother to take my shoes off because I know I needed to go food shopping in a bit.

I'm so glad I moved here. Me and My Paps are financially stable, meaning I don't have to run any illegal errands to be able to afford a loaf of bread this time! It makes me feel much safer and secure. Although I can't help but think i'm going to get bored around here. What does one do anyway?

'Lolita! Didn't I tell you to come back later tonight?' I heard him yell from the living room. I laughed to myself.

'You know Gramps, it takes more than one day to make true friends' I walked through the doorway and perched on the armrest of his chair, wrapping my arm around his shoulders.

'Fair enough, so you must've made a few friends?!' He looked up at me. The way he was so eager to know about my day made my heart tear in half. This must've been the most exciting thing to happen to him all day and that makes me so sad. Maybe I'll take the day off school tomorrow and we can watch films, or documentaries. Yes, I do hate documentaries but if it's what he wants then i'm fine with that.

'Oh you know, a few girls in my art class, a few in maths and it goes on' Lies lies lies.

He almost immediately read my mind.

'Quit the lying Lolita Jo Callaghan' I hated it when he full-named me.

I could tell him the truth about what really happened today but I imagine that could be quite awkward. How could I explain to him that I stood up for myself against Harry styles when he practically killed a girl last year for doing the same thing, and I met a black girl who told me I could finally destroy him; I don't even know her name!

'Nothing final, I'll let you know when i'm sure I like them' I laughed, slipping my arm away from his shoulders. 'I'm about to go food shopping, want anything?' I walked into the kitched looking through the fridge and cupboards, taking a mental note in my head of what we needed. I was used to mental notes. I had to store special information in my brain so I could deliver things back in London, yes illegal things. 

That was where the lies started. Lying to my Dad about why I was up so early in the morning, or why I wasn't back until late at night. He got suspicious and I knew it. I wasn't doubting the fact he was going to find out that I was dealing drugs, he would never forgive me. Not that I forgave him for the things he's done before.

'No I don't think so Pet' He answered. 

With that I gave him a kiss on the cheek and left. It was up to me to get all of our daily supplies otherwise no one would do it.

My Gramps is really weak now, to a point that it takes alot of his energy to walk to the toilet and back again! Before I moved here, he had a nurse that would care for him day and night, but that soon became expensive so I was the only one that opted to come and live with him for his last few months (if I was lucky).

My dad wouldn't do it, they never really got on. Especially after mum left, considering it was my dads fault. My gramps was my Mums dad, that's why he's so caring and loving, just like her. Polar opposites, my parents were. But I guess they say opposites attract right?

I stepped out into the cool breeze. I hadn't even noticed how dark it was inside, all the bulbs had blown and considering I never really learned how to change a bulb, I left it. Another thing to add mto my shopping list.

I began to walk down the path to the shops, it was about a 15 minute walk from here. I had memorised it numerous times when walking to school.

I'd say I was about 10 minutes into the walk when I noticed a large gang of people a few yards in front of me. I did not want to come across these people. The reason I had moved all this way was to get away from any 'gang' trouble, I could not deal with having to go through this again!